Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Has anyone solved the issue of battery drain after the 1.13 update. I already have "Discoverable" set to no and "Beam Receive" off. Versamail checks email every 2 hours. Auto off set for 1 minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889
    Versamail checks email every 2 hours
    There's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889
    Has anyone solved the issue of battery drain after the 1.13 update. I already have "Discoverable" set to no and "Beam Receive" off. Versamail checks email every 2 hours. Auto off set for 1 minute.
    (If you did not also move into a low or no service area at the same time, move to my next thought. Low/no causes the Treo to continuously search for stronger service -- thus draining the battery.)

Is the drain extremely different then prior to 1.13a? If so, the upgrade process may have created some software corruption that is causing a process to remain active in the background -- causing battery drain. There is a thread of 500+ posts on battery "turbo drain" but I would recommend a "clean install." (Thread was titled: Battery drain after 1.12 update.)

1st - do a hot sync to back your data.

2nd -- do a hard reset. Does "turbo drain" continue in this state? If so you have a hardware problem and should check with your carrier.

If the problem is gone -- then the problem is probably a software corruption and we need to do a the clean install:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=1&pp=20 (Post #2)

(start at the hard reset part -- you do not need to reinstall the 650 cd -- that was for people upgrading from a 600)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/09/2006 at 05:57 AM.
    Would this problem also cause the battery to show full but the red light doesn't turn back green showing that the battery is full?

Thanks Alicia