1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried getting the streaming XM radio feed from the internet on their 650?

The Shoutcast streams through PocketTunes seem to work rather well.
    Unfortunately, the XM stream is Windows Media only. We will need something that can decode that before we can access it on our Palm Treos. The 700w can handle it.
    Zane
    Yeah, this is a shame b/c MiniXM.com provides an awesome solution:

http://www.minixm.com/DS/

Too bad we can't use TCPMP for this...
    Pocket Tunes and ShoutCast aint bad...
    I must live in a bad part of Michigan because I can't use ShoutCast at all through Pocket Tunes. It has to keep buffering and it's really annoying.
    ^^ which part?

Im in michigan as well, and i get great streams
    Google for "XM Radio Slim plug-in". Someone posted a plug-in for the slimserver to log-in to XM Online. Next, use the slimserver to transcode to mp3. Finally, log in to your slimserver. It is a real pain, but it does work with my Soundbridge--I guess it would work with the 650.

Cheers
  8.    #8  
    Maybe you're trying to stream feeds that have to high of a bit rate.
    Try listening to streams that are 96k or less.
  9.    #9  
    What's the reasoning behind no support for the windows media format?
    I see that Sirius streams in windoze format as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Pocket Tunes and ShoutCast aint bad...
    It is not good either. Windows devices are so far ahead in this arena...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I live in the Lansing area. I have tried all bit rates and they all suck!
  12.    #12  
    It works excellently here in Columbus, Ohio.
    I also go to South Haven Michigan a lot, and it doesn't work as well, but is still v ery acceptable. Maybe I'm getting a good signal bouncing off of lake Mich?