Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was putting my waverunner back on the trailer the other day when to my dismay my treo slid off of my car trunk and right into about a foot of water. I can't tell you the feeling of panic I had seeing that thing under water but it was pretty intense. Once recovered I removed the battery immediately and tried to shake the water out of the SD card slot. When I got home I took the treo apart (stupid torx screws suck, luckily a small flat head screwdriver did the trick) and laid it out on a fan to dry out overnight. When I put the treo back together in the morning it worked!

Scary experience but at least my treo is cleaner now!
    Kudos for immediately removing the battery. I've seen several other submerged-Treo posts saying "I tried to turn it on and it beeped for a second and then went dead..."
    If a phone gets wet. You should take out the battery and any other parts that might not take to kindly to water. I have done this many times with a Variety of different phones and some of them come back to life without a problem, some don't.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would put it in a ziplock baggie for a day with a couple of silica packets that are packed in all electronic devices also. This will help draw out additional moisture and may prevent future problems.

Edited for improper word usage. (thanks PS40897)
    Last edited by cardio; 02/07/2006 at 02:20 PM.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I would put it in a ziplock baggie for a day with a couple of silicone packets that are packed in all electronic devices also. This will help draw out additional moisture and may prevent future problems.
    Sounds like a good idea but it'd work better with silica instead of silicone unless you'd like to enhance your treo's bust line
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Hmmmmmmm big busted treos...
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat
    Hmmmmmmm big busted treos...
    Sounds like the Treo Hollywood.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    You are very lucky
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897
    Sounds like a good idea but it'd work better with silica instead of silicone unless you'd like to enhance your treo's bust line
    Your right, been one of those days. typing on autopilot and silcone came out instead os silica.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Sounds familiar. My kids found a cell phone at the bottom of the swimming pool one day. I removed the battery and left the phone alone for a month or so. When I put the battery back in, it charged back up and has become my backup phone.
    dropped mine in the toilet...

dried it out, but water inbetween the touch screen lcd glass took several days to clear, but everything works the same now...it even still resets itself like it used to.
    [QUOTE=nwillis2k1]dropped mine in the toilet...

I lost a couple of pagers in similar circumstances.....hate to see a treo go down the craper.....
    That's interesting.

Best story I've ever heard of a cell phone being immersed in something and then working again is when my old roommate dropped his cell into a pot of boiling instant noodles one day while he was cooking.

He took it out, 'washed' it off (gingerly), let it dry and then successfully used it for about a year afterwards. When it finally gave out, he sent it back to Nokia in the hopes that they wouldn't figure out what happened and give him a new phone. Alas for him though, they called him back saying that they couldn't repair it because it had 'damage due to an unknown substance'.

That was the end of that I guess!