Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sandisk 2 gig $69
    sandisk 1 gig $49

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...email,EWB08619
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  2.    #3  
    WIthout the integrated USB, though, those are not comparable. I have a 2GB normal card that I am not going to use any more once i get the integrated USB.
    I recall the faster cards being somewhat problematic with the treo... is that still the case? THe sandisk 2 GB sounds like a great deal....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  4.    #5  
    According to the TC review, the integrated USB card works fine with the treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    According to the TC review, the integrated USB card works fine with the treo 650.
    That's great price for the SD ultra 2 plus USB card. Even costco has them for 99 bucks .
    Does the usb dongle hang out of treo slot ?
    I did like the review (I also thought it was an incredible idea integrating the two). I just wish you could get a 2 gig for around $100.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    That's great price for the SD ultra 2 plus USB card. Even costco has them for 99 bucks .
    Does the usb dongle hang out of treo slot ?
    I don't think so. In order to call itself an SD card, I think it has to conform to the overall dimensions.
    Do post an image with the card in the slot, once you get it .
    I did not see one in the review .
  9.    #10  
    I will do so. You might also want to check around for an older thread on the topic--it might have an image.
    I just got back from Best Buy, they have the SanDisk 1GB Card (normal) for $55.99 + a $6.00 MIR. SKU is 6730264

Works great, already put the Fat32.prc on my 650.
    Ordered it, thanks for the headsup.

BTW, just last night (or maybe the night before) the TC store had these for like $120
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    I just got back from Best Buy, they have the SanDisk 1GB Card (normal) for $55.99 + a $6.00 MIR. SKU is 6730264

Works great, already put the Fat32.prc on my 650.

This card is the regular, blue, 1gb SanDisk SD card.

Also, are any of you actually trading your 2GB SD card for the USB plug feature? I can't live without my ~2GB of space now.
  13.    #14  
    I'm giving up my 2GB as my day-to-day and using it as a dedicated movie/tv storage card.

MFizz, TC does have the same card for $120. I try to buy from TC whenever possible (to support the forums) but the deal here is too sweet to pass up.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi. I wrote the TC review. Let's see if I can answer all the questions at once:

Nothing sticks out of the 650 when the SanDisk Ultra II Plus USB card is in its slot. There's no need for an image of it when it's in the phone. All you'd see is is the top edge of the card looking like any standard non-folding SD card.

There is no "dongle." It's the exact same height width and depth as a standard SD card. It has to be to conform to the SD card spec.

The TC Store lowered its price for both sizes yesterday, since SanDisk lowered their retail price.

Yes it works fine with the 650, and the 700w. I have both and I've used it in both.

When pushed into their slots you wouldn't even be able to tell it's the Plus version of the card in there.

It'll work in any device that takes standard SD cards. Treo, any other Palm, MP3 player, camera, whatever.

Someone left an anonymous comment to the review complaining that it was "tested with so and so but what about other so and sos?" We don't have a mechanism in the review area to reply to those comment. That's being worked on, but in the meantime, , I'm not Consumer Reports. I don't have 100 computers sitting here. There's no reason it won't plug into the USB 2.0 port of any modern computer. I just report what I test things with because those are the things I own.

If I review something like an in-car cradle that suction cups on a gooseneck mount to the inside of the windshield, is it necessary to try it in 100 different cars to see if it'll suction cup to their inside glass? I don't think so.

The ONLY problem one might have is how close one's USB ports are to each other, and if something is plugged into the port next door to the one you want to shove the Plus card into, as its "head" is the width of an SD card when the fold down part is folded down, so you might have to unplug the thing next to it to make enough room to plug it in.

Some computers have their USB ports mounted vertically, so in that case, it wouldn't matter.

My laptop is a year-old model that has two built-in USB 1.1 ports on its rear edge, and I added a four-port BusLink USB 2.0 PCMCIA card shoved in its card slot to give it USB 2.0 (which is MANY times faster than USB 1.1..) .. and that's what I used. The SanDisk plugs into any of those four ports no matter what I have plugged into the other three, since they're spaced far enough apart.

I suppose in the future, I'll just say "XP Laptop" instead of the brand and model I own, because someone is away bound to say "Well you have that brand, I have this brand. Will it work with mine?"

If you need more than 1gb capacity on a singe card, look elsewhere. SanDisk doesn't make a 2gb version of the Plus card yet. Maybe they will.

Any other questions? Back to my insomnia.

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 02/09/2006 at 06:35 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    There's no reason it won't plug into the USB 2.0 port of any modern computer. I just report what I test things with because those are the things I own.
    ...Some computers have their USB ports mounted vertically, so in that case, it wouldn't matter.
    Thinking through this, I think one problem might be if the USB port is recessed a little. Since this thing has such a large set of "shoulders" it might interfere with the proper seating of the device. If the Mobo is flush against the case, I could see this happening. All in all a risk I'm willing to take as even then, it would fit as well as a normal SD card! :-)
    I guess the reason it was so cheap on Amazon was the same reason TC lowered its price. I think that means a 2GB will be coming shortly. Sigh, another thing to buy... If I had seen the price reduction on TC, I would have purchased here. Oh well.
    I ordered mine late in the afternoon yesterday and it's already out for delivery today - I've always loved amazon

On another note, I wonder if/when they'll release the 2GB+ version of this...
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    If I had seen the price reduction on TC, I would have purchased here. Oh well.
    In that case, you need to get one of those reclining chairs like Homer made which has a built-in refrigerator and toilet, so you can sit in front of your computer 24 hours a day checking prices on everything.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    received the card today, less than 24 hours after ordering

I dig it big time, transfer is fast, and no more card reader!

I look forward to the 2GB+ versions
    1 | 2
  19.    #20  
    How did you get it in College Station before I get it in Houston? Amazing! :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast