Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I thought bluetooth is suppose to be easy to use! i couldnt figure out how to set up trusted pair with another phone.

i'm trying to transfer some mp3s from my phone (treo650) to another (motorola E815). I couldn't even figure out how to set up the bluetooth on my treo (i'm new to the phone). I know how the access the bluetooth menu and such but i couldn't find the place to create/change passkey.

how do i make the passkey on my treo650?
    May be you are overlooking at it. Its really easy. Open the bluetooth. Then discoverable on for treo or the other phone you wanna connect. After that, if you put on the other phone on discoverable, go to bluetooth on treo, then setup devices, then trusted devices, then add device. You should see the other phone you wanna connect. You can then type any passkey for both phone as long as they match each other. Simple as that.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    May be you are overlooking at it. Its really easy. Open the bluetooth. Then discoverable on for treo or the other phone you wanna connect. After that, if you put on the other phone on discoverable, go to bluetooth on treo, then setup devices, then trusted devices, then add device. You should see the other phone you wanna connect. You can then type any passkey for both phone as long as they match each other. Simple as that.
    Of course, once you accomplish this, you'll find you're screwed for what you want to do by Verizon's BT implementation on the e815. Basically, BT on the stock e815 is good for headsets/handsfree kits, and nothing else. If you've hacked it, MAYBE you can do file transfers.
    Of course, once you accomplish this, you'll find you're screwed for what you want to do by Verizon's BT implementation on the e815. Basically, BT on the stock e815 is good for headsets/handsfree kits, and nothing else. If you've hacked it, MAYBE you can do file transfers.
    Verizon takes out the profile for file transfer for their bluetooth phones. This is one of the reason why I cannot stand Verizon. If you search around, there might be a hack to restore the profile that they took out. Verizon also took out of the firmware taking pictures out of the phone using MPT (motorola phone tools) which is kinda stupid if you ask me. They really like to control their customers and not really let their customers use their phones to their designed ability.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Where coudl i find these kinds of hacks.... or do you mean i have to make the hack myself?

another note (how would you transfer ringtones and stuff to the E815 then?)