1.    #1  
    All of a suddent, the down arrow of my 5-way button is not springy. I have been dealing with it for a day, and all of a sudden, the 5-way center button, Capital, zero, spacebar, and alt all lost their spring. Sometimes it comes back when I hear a little click if I push hard, but there is obviously something wrong.

I was using a SEIDIO Hoster, which I think was the cause of the issue, but I cannot confirm it.
    The case was "LCD facing in" and there is a faded spot where the center 5 way button was hitting, which I think caused the whole problem.

Well if that makes any sense, do you have any suggestions how to fix it??? Also, is there a way I can open the TREO 650 up and remove and replace the keyboard myself, without calling Cingular????
    Thanks
    i ordered a new keypad from

http://performancepda.zoovy.com/c=pY...REO650KEYBOARD

$20 - came in three days standard...real easy to install if you're willing to crack open the phone with a torx5 screwdriver.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for responding.
    Is it risky? I dont have a problem doing it, i just dont want to rip anything because my hands jitter while i am nervous.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I also ordered from performancepda and replaced the keyboard.

It depends. You could screw things up and break it. It really depends on your manual dexterity....
    after opening it up and looking around, it really isn't as delicate as you think. Pulling the plastic housing apart after you take out the screws seems to be the most 'tricky' part. remove the main circuit board and you are left with the screen and keyboard attached by tape cables.

the keyboard, which is seperately screwed into the faceplace, pulls right out of the circuit board and the new open slips right back in.

Everything fits into place within the plastic molding, so there isn't much wiggle room. if you are worried, do a search around this site or on the net, someone's got some pictures (maybe a video) of the disassembly.

good luck!!!
    There is a video you could probably find if you google for "replace treo 650 screen" or something similar.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have a keyboard with a letter P that presses too easily and a letter O that sometimes types P. Will a new keyboard fix this and add the springiness back?
    Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, HW Version A, FW 1.51, SW 1.17 CNG
    I just ordered a new keypad based on other topics. I'm looking forward to having a new Treo which doesn't type P when I put it back in the case!
    Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, HW Version A, FW 1.51, SW 1.17 CNG
    Does the new keyboard include the 5-way nav button and other buttons (besides the qwerty)?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.