1.    #1  
    Is it time for rehab?
    I have been configuring Hi-Launcher for an hour now so maybe it my eyes bugging out but every few minutes I see a bug crawl across the hi-launcher screen. It starts from the bottom & crawls up.
    Did I activate an easter egg or what???
    it's a feature.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Overpriced, hard to configure, TEDIOUS to configure, and now "buggy" eh?
    Hi-Launcher ranks in the top five of my most favourite Palm apps of all time.
    I've only been using Hi-Launcher for a few days, but it has made my Treo immensely more effective. I also use Initiate, which also is a fantastic application.

Takes too long to configure? Come on! There's hardly ANY application on the Palm platform that is all that complicated. Hi-Launcher is great because it gives ME the power to set it up the way I want. It took me about an hour to understand it and get it set up. I expect I'll tweak it over the next few days, but I'd hardly call it hard to configure.

And I haven't discovered any bugs that stand out. Not to say there aren't any, but certainly no show stoppers.

Very effective tool!
    If you have 50 or more programs on your Treo it would takes hours to put them all into menus, plus the maintenance to update when you add or remove in the future.

Someone once told me they don't put everything in there, but IMO that defeats the purpose.

ZLauncher++
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    If you have 50 or more programs on your Treo it would takes hours to put them all into menus, plus the maintenance to update when you add or remove in the future.

Someone once told me they don't put everything in there, but IMO that defeats the purpose.

ZLauncher++
    I disagree.

First, on my computer and Treo I would never think about putting all of my applications in a menu program like Hi-Launcher. I put my most used applications, URLs, phone numbers in it. Four or five main level menu items, each 4-6 submenu items -- that seems optimum to me. That way I can assign a shortcut key and get simple, memorable shortcuts like "CH" = "call home" etc.

Second, on my Treo I use Initiate for launching. I find Initiate and Hi-Launcher a perfect duo. Just like I find a Finder-type program (I'm a Mac user, I happen to use PathFinder to replace the Finder) as a "browser" and something like Butler or LaunchBar. Again, perfect companions.