1.    #1  
    Just got my 650 on Sat and I'm feeling it

I had a question for the more experienced treo users. Will leaving the power plugged in damage the battery?

Usually when I get to work I plug in the sync cable along with the power adapter the whole time unless I'm away from my desk. I donít want to over charge or damage the battery, all though I would think hardware like this would have protection against that.
    I would leave it plugged in as much as possible. It is better for the battery to keep it charged.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Leaving it plugged in is no problem, I leave mine in the cradle whenever I'm in the office no problem. I also have a spare battery charging all the time, these newer battery systems control charging fine. The only thing you really need to worry about is super cheap 3rd party chargers, which may not have the electronics needed to control the charge.
    You should also refrain from leaving the unit attached to a CLA (Cigarette Lighter Adapter) as this is not great for the battery. Home chargers use a trickle charge to keep the battery topped off so to speak. The CLA's just throw juice at the battery and if left on a CLA for prolonged periods of time, this can reduce the effectiveness of a battery.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester1275
    You should also refrain from leaving the unit attached to a CLA (Cigarette Lighter Adapter) as this is not great for the battery. Home chargers use a trickle charge to keep the battery topped off so to speak. The CLA's just throw juice at the battery and if left on a CLA for prolonged periods of time, this can reduce the effectiveness of a battery.
    I was wondering. My last 650 I had I left hooked up to the CLA, or in other words that is the only time it got charged. It showed I think, in how long my battery would last, less than a day.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the input guys! definately wanna take care of this one.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    speaking of that i'm looking to find a dock for my 650 and seeing you guys say some third party dock wont have the circuitry to charge the battery properly, i was wondering if the INNODock have the proper circuitry to charge the battery?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../6-39--329.htm
    Never knew this. http://forum.battlewars.de/html/emoticons/applaus.gif for the info!
    Can someone else confirm this. I understood the treo battery to have a cip that regulates input.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Can someone else confirm this. I understood the treo battery to have a cip that regulates input.

My comment was based on cell phones and pda's in general. I am not sure if the 650 does have a cip that regulates the input. Any clarification on this pertaining to the 650 is appreciated.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
  11. lua
    hmm. i have been using a usb sync-charger cable (connected to my desktop pc) for a while now and it does seems to take longer to charge compare to the ac adaptor that came with my treo. the battery uptime does not appear to be shorter/longer. i wonder if there are any long term adverse effect on the battery life, though ...
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.