Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    In case anyone doesn't know, Palmgear has Express 1 year sub for 35 bucks - a good deal.. but I'm debating grabbing it. I mean, I use Quicknews now, and Directory Assistance, and the web is pretty quick for looking stuff up... I dunno... Is it worth it?

Anyone find it completely invaluable and can't live without it?
    Last edited by cue79; 02/06/2006 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Google Spell Check Stinks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    In case anyone doesn't know, Palmgear has Express 1 year sub for 35 bucks - a good deal.. but I'm debating grabbing it. I mean, I use Quicknews now, and Directory Assistance, and the web is pretty quick for looking stuff up... I dunno... Is it worth it?

Anyone find it completely invaluable and can't live without it?
    Cue,
    At first I was simply amused by this service. After using it now for many months, I must say that it is a "can't live without" for me. I access it several times each and every day for something. Highly recommend it...especially at $35 for a year!
    rr4him
    Thanks! I just downloaded the trial version two days ago and was ready to pull the trigger on the $69.00 after realizing how great the program is. You saved me $35!
    Bleah. The trial lasted 10 minutes on my Treo.

I live in Tampa, FL and configured Express with my zip code. Thereafter, I could not configure Express for MLB for the NY Yankees (or any other team besides the Devil Rays and Marlins). How many people have ever moved from their hometown and still want to follow their teams? LARGE market lost there.

To view weather in another city, you have to create a profile for it. I'm headed to Dallas today and wanted to check the weather there - but I have to create (and then, presumably remove) a profile for Dallas. Not good.

The application sucks down over 2 MEGS of RAM. Repeat after me: Install to card.

I didn't bother checking the other modules; what I saw was enough. I'll stick to Blazer and web sites and skip the $35.00; although I do agree that if this app wasn't so brain damaged that I might have subscribed. Nice idea, terrible execution.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa

I live in Tampa, FL and configured Express with my zip code. Thereafter, I could not configure Express for MLB for the NY Yankees (or any other team besides the Devil Rays and Marlins). How many people have ever moved from their hometown and still want to follow their teams? LARGE market lost there.
    I'm in Ohio and can choose to followany team. I have no idea what happened to your setup for it to behave that way.

The application sucks down over 2 MEGS of RAM. Repeat after me: Install to card.
    Tap and hold the channel to move it to the SD card. Express takes about 600K on my Treo 650. The rest is on the SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm just wondering -- if I already have a subscription to Express, and buy this from Palmgear, will it automatically extend my existing subscription:
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    I'm just wondering -- if I already have a subscription to Express, and buy this from Palmgear, will it automatically extend my existing subscription:
    onree,
    I would think that would be the case but I would email Handmark and ask. They have a no refund policy so better to be safe than sorry.

I have emailed and ask how I can take advantage of this sale price since my renewel isn't up until 9/06...but have not heard back yet. I would rather enjoy a discount or some other rebate instead of extending my contract. I may be in a different Treo by the end of my current subscription (9/06) and not need this service if you know what I mean!

I think the sale ends today, 2-8-06, so hopefully I wil receive an answer ASAP.
    Randy
    About 5 minutes longer than my trial. It wouldn't accept either my yahoo email address or my work ".gov" address. Then I deleted the application and received a soft reset as a parting gift.
    I just downloaded the trial. While the basic interface is good, I wonder why this is better than:

-kmaps
    -searching yahoo movies
    -any weather website
    -a free RSS program (that gives you more than just AP)
    -the free version of 411
    -Noahlite for dictionary

While I agree that Express is a nice all in one program, I cannot rationalize the cost. However, I am obviously tempted since I am posting this response...
    I've been using Express for about 18 months now. While you can do everything it does via other free methods, I like that its all been optimized in a simple and clean system that's designed to work specifically on the Treo. Five way works very well, 411 lookups can drop directly in my contacts or be dialed and information is optimized for the Treo screen and free of any ad noise or heavy unneeded graphics.

For me, the 411 lookup service alone saves me money compared to using 411 on Sprint at $1.50 (I think) per pop. I typically use 411 at least 4 or 5 times a month.

I think I just renewed in November. Maybe I should cancel and move over to this new offer...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    You can't cancel...at least not for a refund. Read their FAQ.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I figured for the $35 bucks for everything (breaks down to $3 a month) it's worth having the quick one piece interface. I do use Quicknews, and I like the ability to pull in my own feeds, but never found a "news" feed that had all the news I wanted.. On top of that, the fact that my wife can grab the phone and use Express very easily appeals to me as well. Overall, it's a pretty good product, and a very good price. So I'll try it this year.. And next year, they will have to offer me the same price again for renewal!