View Poll Results: What type of connections are you using to surf the web?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • WiFi

1 2.78%
  • Data plan from carrier

32 88.89%
  • Bluetooth or IrDA via cell phone

3 8.33%
  • No connection

2 5.56%
  • Others

2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    I am using a treo 600. It does not have a build in Wi-Fi. And I did not chooes any data plan from the network provider. So I am currently using the combination of sunrise and plucker to read news offline...

I just wondered how do you connect to internet using your palm? (Are you using treo 600 or other smartphone? what type of connection do you prefer?: 1. Wi-Fi;2. Data plan from carrier; 3. Bluetooth or IrDA via cell phone; 4.no connection 5. others )

http://palmtoronto.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by palmtoronto; 02/07/2006 at 03:29 PM.
    Cingular's GPRS service most of the time. When I'm at home and want to sync to my work PC, I hook up to my home PC's broadband via Softick PPP to synchronize only. Much faster sync-ing that way than over GPRS.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts~
    If i'm using the intenret on my laptop from my treo, I use pdanet...... from junefabrics.

Otherwise I mooch off of somebody else's wireless.
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
  5.    #5  
    is that your open hotspot~~
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I connect 90% of the time with my Sprint PCS account, but when I am home and want to quickly update my Chatter email, Quick News and Handmark Express or web surf efficiently (Xino), I use an Enfora WiFi sled to access my home wireless network.
    Cheers,
    amell
    I use my DSL back up dial up number. Before I had DSL I had dial up and used that number. From the time of the Treo 180 I used a dial up number. Not sure why more people do not use a dial up number. The data plans I have seen are costlly, and I am not sure I know how they work.
    If you have Sprint's data plan (for me it was $10/mo-now $15/mo), using PDAnet from JuneFabrics (www.junefabrics.com) works wonderful. In a pinch, using a USB cord to your phone, you can be hooked into the PCS network almost instantly. I've been at hotspots where people around me become frustrated with a loss of signal and I'd be in my little corner working on the web! Besides, you don't need a hotspot to connect to the Sprint PCS network-only have to be within range od Sprint's network coverage (practically everywhere). Good Luck!