1.    #1  
    I changed my network to virtual modem dialing to my ISP and dropped my data plan saving me 50 bucks a month. Thanks much to whoever posted the scripts, etc. on another thread. It works great because all I really do is send and receive mail and text anyway. The non "broadband" (what a joke) speeds are fine. However I am now unable to receive or send pix through MMS. It logs on but never seems to send or receive. I have left the phone on for a looooooong time with it still on the data call and the pix never send nor receive. Any ideas on what is going wrong, or does the phone *have* to be on National Access to do this? Thanks

Steve
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Did you ever figure it out? Pix with virtual modem?
    The messaging application is trying to communicate to a server on Verizon's network (not the Internet). You will need to switch to the Broadband connection to send/receive picture messages.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Any way to change MMS settings on a Verizon Treo 650 that you know of?
    I have not investigated. There may be.
    I used to have my 650 set to default to my Bluetooth network profile, and if the Messaging app was set to "Default" it would fail to send SMS/MMS. However it's easy to change to whatever the correct network profile is. It was seamless for me, although I had to go back in and set it again every so often.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I used to have my 650 set to default to my Bluetooth network profile, and if the Messaging app was set to "Default" it would fail to send SMS/MMS. However it's easy to change to whatever the correct network profile is. It was seamless for me, although I had to go back in and set it again every so often.
    Did you have Verizon Wireless? I don't think you can change the MMS network settings with the VZW Treo 650.
    No, Cingular. I assumed they'd be similar, but thought I'd throw it out there. You launched the Messaging app, went into Prefs, then dug around?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Yeah, nothing there about network.