Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is Verizon going to be releasing an updater for TREO 650 anytime soon?
    Sorry, Verizon's in the W business now.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just purchased a couple of Treo 650's for my exec's, and they both were Hardware Rev B and Firmware 1.04a - anyone know what's in the "A" and can you download it?
    The A is a patch for E911 service. If you already have it, why would you want to download it?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    One reason that a person might want their existing ROM image files would be to use Shadowmite's tools and create a nice customized image. Sprint for example, was crippling Bluetooth DUN on their Treo 650s. Changing the files in the ROM image fixes this.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I would never elect a wireless carrier where I had to hack a ROM image for it to function.. still, we all can't be perfect.
    I did a search for "1.04a" and came across this thread.

I broke the screen on my Verizon Treo 650 last Friday, and today came my replacement. It also has a software version of 1.04a.

I would assume that the next ROM update would include this patch. I wonder why this ROM hasn't been posted on Palm's website.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The A is the for addition of a 911 emergency locator! Otherwise the update is the same as 1.04!
    The "A", or as others point out, the e911 patch, is ENTIRELY a modem firmware patch, it's not in the rom at all.
    I just got a replacement 650 from Verizon, I too have 104a. I also have a blue round sticker with NR over 01/06. Maybe this means "new rom" Jan of 2006? It would not let me restore contact or memos with backup buddy, I had to sync it to a pc in order to get those over to the new phone.