1.    #1  
    After the mixed reviews and problems seen with the 700w, I'm now thinking about getting a 650. (I'm on Verizon and like Verizon too much to change providers). The 650 seems to have most of the problems either banged out or fixes posted here. I'm mostly looking for a device that will behave like a basic PDA and a rock-solid phone. I don't do hard-core web surfing on VZW, so the CDMA 1x speeds will be fine.

So...is this a good idea? Or should I wait until the Cobalt series of Treos come out (if ever!)?

2 apps that I will immediately stick on the 650 if/when I get it will be Voicedialit (I love voice-activated dialing on BT) and one of the IM apps (IM+ or Versichat).

Thanks in Advance,
    Andy in San Diego

flames to /dev/null
    Go for it. I have had my 650 for all of 3 or 4 days and it's awesome. I didn't really think that I would use the internet stuff that much, and I've used it a bunch already. I was out and about trying to find a certain pair of hiking boots, when I realized that I could just go to the company's website and BOOM. There's a dealer locator. It saved me the hassle of going all the way home to do the same thing. Lazy? Maybe, but it saved time, which is important!
    As far as waiting for other phones to come out, that's your call. I was gonna do the same thing. Problem is, you could wait a year for that phone that they keep saying is about to come out. I waited a while, and decided to take the plunge.

I'm not much of a techie, but this thing is super neat-o.

cool,

seth
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinsdca
    After the mixed reviews and problems seen with the 700w, I'm now thinking about getting a 650. (I'm on Verizon and like Verizon too much to change providers).
    On any other carrier I'd say wait for the 700/800. But I think it will be at least 2007 before we see another Treo from Verizon. And even if I am wrong, the 700p doesn't seem to have that much to offer over the 650 if you ain't tethered to the internet.
    I was in your shoes the other day. I was FINALLY out of contract with Cingular and wanted to go to Verizon because the service was so good. I almost went with the 700, but I love the Palm OS too much. After rebates, I got it for less than the cost of my wife's Razr ($250). I know they'll probably release new ones, but for the price you can get the 650s now, it can't be beat. I'm very happy with it after adding a lot of programs like Pocketunes, Handmark's Express, etc. Go for it!