1.    #1  
    Hi,

Since some time now I have noticed that my Treo 650 GSM automatically adjust the date and time each time the phone is connected to the GSM network. I thought this was a new feature that cam about through a firmware upgrade as I noticed the automatic adjustments of time after I had installed the Chinese 1.71 firmware. I know that the CDMA Treo 650 has this feature as there had been some discussion on this forum regarding the possibility that the feature was the origin of some of the reset problems.

However, as it turns out, if I hard reset the Treo so all software is erased, this feature disappears. Even with the newest official firmware, the Treo does not automatically adjust its time when the phone is connected to the network unless I restore my software.

The feature therefore can’t be linked to the firmware but must be some software I have installed - but I have no idea which! I have TimeCopy version 1.4 installed which provides for date and time adjustments but this software only works through a hotsync conduit and thus not “over the air”.

Have any fellow TreoCentrals experienced the same feature on a Treo 650? Do you know which software enables it and how the syncing works? Does it adjust to “network time” from the carrier or does it use a NTP time server?

Thanks!
    I have always had this in Prefs -> Date and Time -> Enable Local Network Time
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I had mine off but with the latest firmware upgrade its automatically turned on again. Like aprasad said, go to Prefs > Date and Time > uncheck Enable Local Network Time.