1.    #1  
    Please...I need help urgently. My Treo 650 battery just died.
    It is dead dead dead. Will not even charge.
    I can't use my phone even with the AC adapter plugged in.
    I removed the battery completely and plugged in AC charger and turned it on and it came on. I thought great! But unfortunately, it went into auto shutdown sequence in 30 seconds and gave a message that the battery is low.
    How can I bypass this until tomorrow morning when I can go and get a new battery?
    I need to use the phone on AC power adapter only. I even tried using the car charger only with the exact same results.
    Is there some way I can disable the low battery message and/or disable the auto shutdown sequence temporarily?

Pllllleeeeease help me. I need to use my phone this evening and tonight.

Thanks soo much in advance for ANY suggestions.
    Last edited by opflorida; 02/04/2006 at 05:00 PM.
    Most likely your battery is dead but there is a small chance that the battery charging software in the Treo has lost its calibration. Plug in your power cable, turn the power on and do a soft reset. This recalibrates the software.

It is unwise to use the charger without the battery. A battery also works somewhat as a buffer for the incoming power. Power in some places is generall pretty stable but in others is not and even in stable places can have small surges at times when peak loads come in.
    Try the battery back in the Treo one more time, maybe it will work with the charger plugged in this time. I'm afraid the battery circuitry requires a battery in the device.

Who is your carrier? No stores open tonight?

If you are within 5 miles of Alpine and 3 Mile in Grand Rapids, Michigan -- I have a spare battery you can use tonight. . . .

Good Luck.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys but no juice from the battery. Tried the reset method described and nothing. I reallllly need to use the phone on AC power only for tonight.

Is there ANY way for me to do it without the battery OR any other suggestions other than going out to buy a battery? I noticed my Dell Axim X50v battery is the EXACT same size and has the exact same 6 connectors on it in the exact location as the ones on the treo battery. Actually everything on both batteries are IDENTICAL it seems.

SO.... I went ahead and plugged in my AXIM battery and BINGO it powered on my Treo
    BUT.....it did the same thing thing as only connecting the AC charger. It powered of with auto shutdown sequence in 30 seconds.

Is there something SPECIAL INSIDE the treo battery that tells the phone to stay on ?

I can't go out for a battery because I have NO transportation at the moment. Wife is out for the rest of the night with the car and my car is in the garage.

Help with any suggestions pllllleeeeease.
  5.    #5  
    Anyone in Florida wants to sell me a battery? I can pay by Paypal. If you ship out on Monday morning early I should get it in Florida by Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
    Cingular, sprint and compusa stores should all have the battery so you can pick it up now. Also be able to return it if that isn't the problem! Oh and a verizon store also.

$29.99 at compusa right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by opflorida
    Thanks guys but no juice from the battery. Tried the reset method described and nothing. I reallllly need to use the phone on AC power only for tonight.

Is there ANY way for me to do it without the battery OR any other suggestions other than going out to buy a battery? I noticed my Dell Axim X50v battery is the EXACT same size and has the exact same 6 connectors on it in the exact location as the ones on the treo battery. Actually everything on both batteries are IDENTICAL it seems.

SO.... I went ahead and plugged in my AXIM battery and BINGO it powered on my Treo
    BUT.....it did the same thing thing as only connecting the AC charger. It powered of with auto shutdown sequence in 30 seconds.

Is there something SPECIAL INSIDE the treo battery that tells the phone to stay on ?

I can't go out for a battery because I have NO transportation at the moment. Wife is out for the rest of the night with the car and my car is in the garage.

Help with any suggestions pllllleeeeease.
    That sounds like a problem in the phone. The fact that it lasts for thirty seconds then shuts down makes me suspect something is overheating and breaking the circuit. You might have caused that damage by using the charger without the battery.
    Actually, at second thought, try doing a power on reset with the Axim battery in. You might have thrown the calibration off by using the charger without the battery. Hope that works for you.