1.    #1  
    Treo 650 only displays initial splash screen "Opera Mini Loading"; no errors or log that I can find. I have tried everything I can come up with. Reinstalled Java (WEME571.zip). Installed by downloading .prc (operamini-hifi.prc and opera-mini-1.2.2960-advanced-us.prc). Also tried to install from http://mini.opera.com. I have tried these reinstalls in every order. I've tried different recommended Java settings from other posts. The test program works (MIDP Network Tester 1.1) and Kmaps works fine. I also installed other Java files (fileconnect.prc, pimop.prc, PIMPrefs.prc) just to see if they would fix, and they don't. It is frustrating because it doesn't look like many others have seen this. There is another post that started describing the same issue, but they say that it just started working later. Thanks in advance.
    soft reset and try launching again? What do you have set in your IBM Java VM prefs in the prefs application?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have reset MANY times. I always reset after reinstalling Java too. I have for Opera: Use Double Buffering checked, Use high resolution coordinates checked, 1MB Memory Maximum, 2Kb Maximum Java Thread Stack Size. I have tried other combinations of settings though. Nothing I have done has changed the behavior or given me any errors, with one exception. If I try to start Opera without Java installed, I get an error about not having Java installed.
  4.    #4  
    I just realized that I have two accounts here, this one and johnboy...
    All the java files etc and the opera prc are all in RAM yes?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    yes. everything in RAM right now