Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By djenner
  • 5 Post By johncc
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any good outlining software?

I heard that there is an outlining hack called tree, but I haven't been able to find it. I am currently trying Brainforest. I like the functionality, but don't want to pay $30 for it.
    Check out this thread: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...?threadid=9575

(And I still vote for Shadowplan!)

(OvaGirl's home away from home)
    My vote goes to ListMaker, which I find cleaner and more intuitive to use than BrainForest. Like BF, you can export lists/outlines to To Do and Memo Pad. The only feature I find missing is a "Hide Checked Items" option; you have to select an item, then delete it from the menu. But it's a really straightforward program, something I had been looking for for a while.

Hi-Note looks pretty good as well, but I haven't tried it since registering LM.
    Also, for those that care, HiNote is Lefty Savvy
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...
    Using a real outliner for to-do lists is akin to swatting flies with a Howitzer.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvaGirl View Post
    Check out this thread: VisorCentral.com

(And I still vote for Shadowplan!)
    Agreed. Shadowplan, on my T|X esp, but also on my Treo (less so on the Centro's small screen) was a very workable program. I developed several papers and part of a book on it.
    12 years must be a world record for thread resurrection. :-)
    Wow. Visor central! I remember my blue handspring Visor DELUXE with 8mb storage. Wow. Not the puny 2mb or lesser models. Hotsync FTW!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thats what I thought also. I doubt the poster paid attention to the date before posting. Or maybe it was a serious case of withdrawal - I know I get it every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Wow. Visor central! I remember my blue handspring Visor DELUXE with 8mb storage. Wow. Not the puny 2mb or lesser models. Hotsync FTW!
    I hated the Visor Dlx (still do actually). It was the bulk and side-mounted infrared port. I liked the idea of the cellular Springboard but I stuck w/ the sleek Palm V instead.

Hotsync wins everyday! I'd give almost anything to get webOS to talk to Palm Desktop or in the very least, read/write native PalmOS databases.
    Hotsync wins everyday! I'd give almost anything to get webOS to talk to Palm Desktop or in the very least, read/write native PalmOS databases.
    I can pay for this!

Wow... Hey! Somebody know the Natara Bonsai?

Man... I can pay for this in a webOS version, too!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post

hahahahahahahahha