1.    #1  
    Using PDANet on both devices with cables, I was able to run some comparable tests on the PPC6700 and Treo650 this morning. This was based in West Los Angeles. Here's what I found across three test sites:

PPC 6700 - EVDO

Bandwidth Place
    Communications 1.6 megabits per second
    Storage 193.6 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 5.3 seconds
    Subjective rating Great

Speakeasy LA
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 467 kbps (58.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 118 kbps (14.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

CNET
    1362.7 Kbps - You 1362.7 kbps
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TREO 650 - CDMA

Bandwidth Place
    Communications 637.3 kilobits per second
    Storage 77.8 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 13.2 seconds
    Subjective rating Not bad

SpeakEasy - Los Angeles
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 106 kbps (13.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 28 kbps (3.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

CNET
    310.5 Kbps - You 310.5 kbps

Even with the sometimes weird discrepancies between testing sites for a given device, the results indicated in general that EVDO (at least at this location) offers at least 2X to 3X more bandwidth (eg, "speed") over CDMA on the T650. Bandwidth Place (usually pretty reliable) was reporting 1.6 megabits per second (T-1 speed !) on the PPC-6700. I have a hard time believing that but it's very VERY fast. PalmOne, let's get the new Treo's on the EVDO bandwagon before the competition eats your lunch.
    I've noticed I've been getting around 100k nowadays. I used to get around 60. I wonder if Cingular is upgrading, or if it was the new firware update?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    s/CDMA/1xRTT/

They are both CDMA based devices
    Pete
    With my T650/PDANet running on PCS Vision, I typically get 15-17kbytes/sec download. Upload speed will vary. I have noticed that upload speed increases and latency decreases in SPCS areas that offer EVDO on Sprint's network, even though the T650 is strictly 1xrtt.

Sometimes upload speed can be slower than dialup in areas where EVDO does not exist.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!