1.    #1  
    Hi all! First post, and all that.

I'm trying to use a midi as a ring tone. I e-mailed it to myself, saved it, renamed it... and the midi is absolute rubish. It sounds as though it were encoded using one of those clay cylinders Edison was so fond of. Certainly NOT what I created. Playback is fine on the desktop, but when it gets to my Treo 600... it's just not a happy sound.

Any ideas on a better way of doing this/something I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
    Instead of emailing, try to transfer using VFS exhange. Much easier than email fyi...

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/vfsexchange.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've noticed this as well. I transfered a midi file from my treo 650 to my friend's Motorola Razor using bluetooth. It sounded completely different (read "better") on his phone. I mean, his phone had strings playing where mine sounded like a trumpet or something. I'm not sure about this, but I think its because a midi file is not just a recording of sounds, it's "digital performance" if you you will. I'm thinking that the set of instruments that the treo uses to perform the midi files are different than those used on other phones or on other computers. Don't take my word for it though, that's just my guess, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CTROAMER
    I've noticed this as well. I transfered a midi file from my treo 650 to my friend's Motorola Razor using bluetooth. It sounded completely different (read "better") on his phone. I mean, his phone had strings playing where mine sounded like a trumpet or something. I'm not sure about this, but I think its because a midi file is not just a recording of sounds, it's "digital performance" if you you will. I'm thinking that the set of instruments that the treo uses to perform the midi files are different than those used on other phones or on other computers. Don't take my word for it though, that's just my guess, I could be wrong.
    You're correct.