Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thanks...I do have unlimited. Should I be getting the reg failure message?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Should I be getting the reg failure message?
    I'm also getting registration/login failures even though I received a code pair in email.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobivoip
    djr: At this time, we are currently supporting PSTN calls to

Australia, China, Canada, Germany, Italy, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK and USA.

Just to clarify, you can make calls from anywhere but at this time restricted to the above countries.
    I understand, but for the moment I'm only interested in testing this for MobiVoIP - MobiVoIP internal calling, untill you're ready to hook up Holland
    I sent you a detailed report yesterday, but haven't heard back (jp.horn [at] gmail [dot] com)? You're probably swamped with beta signups, but if you could take the time to respond that'd be wonderfull.
    By the way: i have unlimited EDGE.
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    I'm also getting registration/login failures even though I received a code pair in email.
    Please mail us the username and password which you are trying to login to mobivoip@mantragroup.com. We need those details to check our database.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    thanks...I do have unlimited. Should I be getting the reg failure message?
    Please mail us the username and password which you are trying to login to mobivoip@mantragroup.com. We need those details to check our database.
    Just got authorized to make POTS calls, will test and post results.
    It appears upstream on the Treo 650 with 1xRTT is the hurdle here, I attempted to have a VOIP conversation with three different people and despite the 2 second latency (which made the conversation more like a half-duplex CB/Nextel conversation) the other party had issues hearing me reporting audio choppiness/loss. Enabling the noise filtering option only further increased the loss.

RSSI: -83
    RF Mode, CH#: CDMA 1900Mhz, 25
    Rx, Tx, Tx ADJ: -83, -582, -63

Is it possible to drop the bandwidth requirements/quality on the upstream while leaving downstream as it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    It appears upstream on the Treo 650 with 1xRTT is the hurdle here, I attempted to have a VOIP conversation with three different people and despite the 2 second latency (which made the conversation more like a half-duplex CB/Nextel conversation) the other party had issues hearing me reporting audio choppiness/loss. Enabling the noise filtering option only further increased the loss.

RSSI: -83
    RF Mode, CH#: CDMA 1900Mhz, 25
    Rx, Tx, Tx ADJ: -83, -582, -63

Is it possible to drop the bandwidth requirements/quality on the upstream while leaving downstream as it is?
    Thanks for your feedback. We are working to get good results on the low bandwidth also.
    Years ago (maybe 10 or so?) I checked out an early voip implementation using 16K over wire. While the voice was rather flat - due to a limited mid-band frequency range - conversation was perfectly understandable. That's one approach. Another is compression, if the Treo's CPU is up to the task.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    The latest version of mobiVoip is 0.9.1.

The new feature that is added is the "Lookup PhoneBook", which helps you to directly call the numbers that are stored in your phone rather than dialing the number.

Please note that mobiVoIP supports only WiFi, EVDO and BT.

You can download it from the forum website of MantraGroup Inc.

Visit www.mantragroup.com/forums/
    Last edited by mobivoip; 02/15/2006 at 11:13 AM.
    mobivoip doesn't support EDGE??? That's... not cool
    Quote Originally Posted by nutrigm
    mobivoip doesn't support EDGE??? That's... not cool
    Please note that we do not officially support EDGE as EDGE has bad QoS in many places.
    Last edited by mobivoip; 02/15/2006 at 12:46 PM.
    So you are basically cutting out all GSM/GPRS users. That's a pretty big market to lock yourself out of.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Please note that mobiVoIP supports only WiFi, EVDO and BT.
    Since mobiVOIP is a Palm application:
    * There is no palm capable EVDO phone for Verizon or Sprint.
    * There is no WIFI capable Palm phone for Verizon or Sprint.

So it looks like Bluetooth Reverse DUN is the only viable [supported] means for testing?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    <REMOVED>
    The latest version of mobiVoip is now 0.9.2.

Please download the prc from the forum webpage of MantraGroup Inc.

To register, please mail us your email ID to mobivoip@mantragroup.com

This new version has the following bugs fixed:
    --Crash on Treo 600 for phone book lookup - fixed
    --UI changes in preferences
    --Bug with About Form fixed
    The latest version of mobiVoip is now 0.9.2.

Please download the prc from the forum webpage of MantraGroup Inc.

To register, please mail us your email ID to mobivoip@mantragroup.com

This new version has the following bugs fixed:
    --Crash on Treo 600 for phone book lookup - fixed
    --UI changes in preferences
    --Bug with About Form fixed
    I'm confused. I thought in a previous post that the software would not work with GPRS/EDGE. What Treo600 can run Wifi (or is this only for those with the Enfora WiFi sled)?

Can I try this program with my Treo650 on TMobile? I am very interested in beta testing this... but have no idea whether I should bother.
    U need the sled.
    Confusing indeed. If you are given okay to test, you can call only to Canada. That's what I understand from their forum site. I have no friends in Canada. What can I do?
    Unlocked GSM:Treo650-1.20-ENA, FM 1.71 on CosmOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by akiraTreo
    Confusing indeed. If you are given okay to test, you can call only to Canada. That's what I understand from their forum site. I have no friends in Canada. What can I do?
    The application is open for beta testing so we have asked to restrict your calls to US and Canada and also that you can test mobiVoip by calling to different POTs.

You need not to have to call a friend and check the application, just call any toll free number and test the application.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast