1. blw
    My T-Mobile Treo 600 recently died (no phone), so I've upgraded to an unlocked 650. I find that dialing takes MUCH longer with the new phone than with the old one - perhaps 20-30 seconds in the "Dialing..." state. Is this a characteristic of the 650, or of being unlocked? (Or something else?) Can I work around the problem?
    I am not sure about T-Mo, but for other carriers, the solution has been running a firmware upgrade.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I have tmo on my 650 and have always thought the "dialing" status took awhile, but never 20-30 seconds. Maybe 5 seconds. It seems maybe a second or two longer after upgrading from 1.13 to 1.20. Of course this is a very diferent problem from the crazy long touch tones (DTMF?) you got with 1.13. They are much shorter with 1.20.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blw
    My T-Mobile Treo 600 recently died (no phone), so I've upgraded to an unlocked 650. I find that dialing takes MUCH longer with the new phone than with the old one - perhaps 20-30 seconds in the "Dialing..." state. Is this a characteristic of the 650, or of being unlocked? (Or something else?) Can I work around the problem?

newer firmware cures the problem...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    After you have the new firmware verify that your carrierdb version is 255 not 249.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS