1.    #1  
    i'd like to create a tab which shows some documents i got on my sd card..how can I do that? and how does it work with pictures?
    As far as I know this only works for internal files, not on the SD card, but you can create a new tab and specify which creator ID to show in that tab.

That said, I don't think you'll see a thumbnail page or anything from jpg's.

If someone else has better input, I'd be interested to know myself.
    If I'm understanding the question, the ZL zip file has a program called zReaderLite.prc that should allow you to read palm docs. If you downloaded it, define it as your default reader in the ZL prefs.
    You can also view dir on the card vie Resco explorer fyi. Resco will also launch the doc (be they pdoc, MS word etc) via proper app as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had high hopes for Zlink to be able to do this. It will allow you to create a link to a DTG document, assign it an icon and show it in a tab, however when you try and launch the document it can't find the application to launch the document. This could be because I have DTG moved to the card.

zlink is in beta and may have a work around for this issue, I haven't spent much time on it.