1.    #1  
    Ok, I remember reading about this, but I can't find the post anymore. Today, I launched ZLauncher and when I did, my 650 suddenly did a soft reset. After it was done resetting, and it powered back on, all of my preferences in every app. were gone / reset / set to defaults. Also, all of my registration info. and licenses for all my apps. were gone and I had to go in and re-enter all of my license keys for all my apps.. I did ##377 and it says:

A reset was caused on 2/3/06 at 4:11 am while running "ZLauncher":

Preferences.c,Line:263, Pref DB Open Error

Anyone know what happened? Also, after I re-enter all of my registration info. for all my apps. and have configured all my preferences for all of my apps., which files should I backup to my SD card (which files contain all of my registration info. for all of my apps. and which contain all of my prefs.) just in case this happens again? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 02/05/2006 at 12:13 AM.
    Can't really explain precisely how it happens, but there are multiple known reasons - one is a latent bug in PalmOS since 4.x days. Rob from HobbyistSoftware has developed an app called PrefDoctor which has been very useful for a number of us to eliminate these resets. It's here and the beta users thread is here

The file you want to save/restore is "Saved Preferences.pdb"
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I think using Rlock has helped me put an end to this annoying loss of saved preferences.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks tomvb. Does "Saved Preferences.pdb" save my preferences and registration info. for all my apps.?
    I hesitate to say "all apps", but my experience has been the vast majority store their prefs in the saved preferences db.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks again. So in addition to saving their prefs. in the saved preferences db, are their registration codes / activation keys saved in the preferences db as well?
    Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, my experience has been the vast majority store their prefs *and reg codes/keys* in the saved preferences db.