Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I really like this product. It's definitely quicker and more convenient than using the buggy (and most of the time slow rendering) Blazer browser to browse to the Yahoo! or NOAA mobile weather web site and searching just by one ZIP code at a time.

I know the developer has already mentioned this but, during certain hours (i.e. 7-8pm EST) the forecast does not want to download. I think when the developer figures out a way to get around this it will be a great GUI frontend application for all your weather forecast needs.
    Hey Weather Dudes

I have been using xweather and all is great so far. Only 1 crash each on 46b and 48b right after install and exiting profile manager. No crash or resets of any kind with 49b. Appears very stabile.

Being an over the road trucker, I have gotten weather updates from Tumwater, WA to Philadelphia, PA. Everything has been pretty accurate so far.

Just a couple of ideas/suggestions.....

1. If for some reason NOAA forecasts or any other connection doesn't connect to update a city, could you fix it to leave the previous info for the city already in the memory?

2. When choosing to use your zip/city database, could you drop the 'name' in the profile. The city and state should be sufficient.

3. If I have 12 cities in the profile, would it be possible to say, select 6 cities to get updates on at the same time, rather than update all 12 or delete the ones I don't want to update at the time.

I am ready to buy when you want to sell.....

Chuck
    installed to SD card..tried to run it and got (Sys 050A) Error!
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

tried installing again via Syncing to SD card..same error
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

5.    #105  
    hello everyone. thanks again for all of the great feedback. we've been making some final touches for a release version which should roll out soon. for those that decide to help support this product with purchases via our website, we sincerely appreciate it. as mentioned before, development does not stop at release 1.0.0, ..we are actively working on several great features which will be free upgrades when they become stable. many of these features were suggested by you!

Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    1 - radar and satellite for 21146 don't show the correct area. it is too far west
    2 - the scrolling text on the "current" page is a dizzyingly fast for me

Thanks. keep up the good work.
    thanks socomon.
    (1) what jason said!

(2) i added a ticket to expose a control for the scroll speed in the preferences form. this is a good idea and will be available in a future release. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    1. If for some reason NOAA forecasts or any other connection doesn't connect to update a city, could you fix it to leave the previous info for the city already in the memory?
    if we detect an error in the forecast, we will leave the old information as is and mark an error in the profile log. the NOAA forecast server has, at times, sent us a valid response with a bunch of empty data, ..so we display a bunch of blank lines. we haven't put in checks for this yet. i am hopeful that NOAAs downtime was for fixes which would solve these kind of issues.

2. When choosing to use your zip/city database, could you drop the 'name' in the profile. The city and state should be sufficient.
    i could see cases for both sides. the most flexible thing to do is a free text field. let me think about this one more.

3. If I have 12 cities in the profile, would it be possible to say, select 6 cities to get updates on at the same time, rather than update all 12 or delete the ones I don't want to update at the time.
    hmmm, ...what about this. be able to specify each profile to be "active/inactive". when it is inactive, it does not show up in the profile pulldown and does not get updated when "update all" is selected, ...but it is still available in the profile manager, ...such that when you wish to activate it, you can. make sense ??

Quote Originally Posted by vipa1887
    installed to SD card..tried to run it and got (Sys 050A) Error!
    that error indicates that xWeather can't find/load the pnoJpegLib. make sure that both prc's are installed when you get that error. however, xWeather currently doesn't have built-in SD card support yet, so the dB's xWeather creates will all be located on the palm, not on the SD card.
    alright..will reload it! thanks! =)
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by moxsi
    hmmm, ...what about this. be able to specify each profile to be "active/inactive". when it is inactive, it does not show up in the profile pulldown and does not get updated when "update all" is selected, ...but it is still available in the profile manager, ...such that when you wish to activate it, you can. make sense ??

That works for me and would be appreciated. I do visit the same cities from time to time and would like to be able to jump right into their seldom-updated profile and update it when I am (heading) there, without entering them each time. Just make sure the documentation explains why you can have an inactive profile or it will make no sense to people who don't travel.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I am very pleased with this app. Great info and displayed nicely.

From my perpective, there is only one bit of info missing. That is the % chance of rain from the "Current Tab" as well as the Forecast Tab. These tabs now show "Rain Showers" or "Chance Rain Showers" and unfortuately for me this is useless.

For example:
    Today in my zip code - 30% Rain chance- xWeather displays "Rain Showers"
    Sat Forecast in my zip- 70% Rain chance - xWeather displays "Rain Showers".

Consequently, I still find myself going to "Cool Weather" to get the % Rain.

I have conveyed this to Scott and he said it may be considered in the future, but not in the release pending.

Anyone else in the same boat?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    The two most important features that need to be added for this app to be successful are as follows:

1. Detailed forecast when viewing forecast tab - not just 5 day snapshot
    2. Ability for app to store cities on desktop for easy restore via hot sync.

after that, everything is extra.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I am very pleased with this app. Great info and displayed nicely.

From my perpective, there is only one bit of info missing. That is the % chance of rain from the "Current Tab" as well as the Forecast Tab. These tabs now show "Rain Showers" or "Chance Rain Showers" and unfortuately for me this is useless.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Yes, I agree. For me, "% chance of rain" (or for CT this time of year, "% chance of snow" ) is more helpful than just "rain showers" or "snow showers".
    (2) i added a ticket to expose a control for the scroll speed in the preferences form. this is a good idea and will be available in a future release. thanks!
    Sounds good. If you can find away to display the info without scrolling at all, that would be even better in my opinion. The weather info is scrolling vertically and the alert info is scrolling horizontally right under it - hard on the eyes. Maybe if the alert didn't scroll?
    Here's a problem...this software says that it is 10 degress F in ZIP code 34748 (Leesburg, FL) when it's actually somewhere in the 50s. Also, the Forecast takes forever to connect and download (a lot of times it never does work), no matter what time I decide to update this particular ZIP code..

Can this be fixed?
    I'm glad to find this thread. I have wanted a program like this for the longest time. Some things that would be nice to have is a line on the today screen with the weather for today. Kinda like weather bug on a pc.

I am definitely going to try this out on monday.
    Some ideas....

1. Option to "quick update" only radar image - handy for tracking snowstorms here in CT.

2. Option to sync ALL xweather databases including radar and cities info to desktop for easier restore after install (very important)

3. Option to tap under forecast for "detailed forecast" - also important

Thanks for listening.

Oops forgot to mention:

4. Option to use quick access keys like R for radar, U for update, instead of accessing menu key.
    Last edited by fkjr2; 03/02/2006 at 10:58 AM.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Some ideas....
    Excellent ideas, Fred. (xWeather is a great app that becomes even more useful on snowy days like today. )
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek
    Here's a problem...this software says that it is 10 degress F in ZIP code 34748 (Leesburg, FL) when it's actually somewhere in the 50s. Also, the Forecast takes forever to connect and download (a lot of times it never does work), no matter what time I decide to update this particular ZIP code..

Can this be fixed?
    Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about the occasional
    forecast failure. It is simply an error returned by noaa' server. We have
    sent multiple emails to multiple people at NOAA, and never even received
    a response from ANY of them. We are already working on updates to xWeather
    which will provide the option to get weather data from additional sources.
    Jason
    Moxsi LLC
    www.moxsi.com
    support@moxsi.com
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Excellent ideas, Fred. (xWeather is a great app that becomes even more useful on snowy days like today. )

yup, another 5-8 inches today -
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    any new updates?
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    any new updates?
    hello! all is good at camp moxsi, ...just busy. jason and i took a few days off development to rest and get some business stuff taken care of. we started back developing this last weekend and things are going well. lots of bigger enhancements are already in the works. it's too early to estimate when a new BETA will be released, ..but please stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Yes, I agree. For me, "% chance of rain" (or for CT this time of year, "% chance of snow" ) is more helpful than just "rain showers" or "snow showers".

I second that thought...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast