Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I like the direction that this app is taking. I'd be ready to drop (serious) cash on it if/when the following features above what is available on the web become reality (and I understand that some are already in-process):

1. Some reasonable location support, which would ideally make that location my current profile - auto updating if configured, auto-alerting watches/warnings if configured.

2. Ability to zoom through static or animated radar images to lower or higher level radars. Radar images not in the current profile to be downloaded on-demand.

3. The ability to obtain weather info for an arbitrary city without creating a profile.

That app would be worth $20-$30 to me.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi Scott - Thanks for the tip, works like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I like the direction that this app is taking. I'd be ready to drop (serious) cash on it if/when the following features above what is available on the web become reality (and I understand that some are already in-process):

1. Some reasonable location support, which would ideally make that location my current profile - auto updating if configured, auto-alerting watches/warnings if configured.

2. Ability to zoom through static or animated radar images to lower or higher level radars. Radar images not in the current profile to be downloaded on-demand.

3. The ability to obtain weather info for an arbitrary city without creating a profile.

That app would be worth $20-$30 to me.
    IMHO at that price, I don't think xWeather will attract enough subscribers to make it an a successful endeavor.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    IMHO at that price, I don't think xWeather will attract enough subscribers to make it an a successful endeavor.
    from an earlier posting....
    Quote Originally Posted by moxsi
    the BETA will expire in 30 days. during these early development days, there should almost always be a new BETA out every couple of weeks. just check our website. fortunately, the current version seems very stable, so i suspect we will release this version (or a version similar to it) for sale in the near future. pricing hasn't been determined yet, but i suspect it will be in the $11.99 ~ $13.99 range. for those that will support us with early purchases, ...well, first of all, i sincerely thank you (we are a startup, need i say more). secondly, if you buy an early version of our software, you will be able to upgrade as new versions come out, up to the major version number. so, if you buy version 1.0.0, you will be able to upgrade to any version 1.x.x as they are released. auto-updating will be included in the 1.x.x release, so if you buy an early version, you can upgrade to a version that supports auto-updating (when it's stable) free of charge.
    Scott,

Tks for reconfirming your intended price range.
    So far so good with the app.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    very cool app scott. is it possible for you to enable the Edit (paste) function within the Profile Manager Settings page where you add custom radar images? As it is, you have to type out the whole address, and some are quite long.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Has anyone sourced either radar or satellite maps that aren't 1800 square mile or higher? If so, please clue me. Everything else with the app looks great, but its the radar view that tells the story for me. We get tons of lake effect snow bands in my area that can be very narrow. I'm in the Syracuse, NY area. zip code is 13037. tia
    I have not seen it mentioned, but how about the ability to sound an alarm if an alert is isssued (this would have to work in conjunction with suto update mentioned previously)? This would be very welcome for those of us in 'Tornado alley' and hurricane prone areas (and anywhere else there is severe weather).

Thanks for a great app!

Steve
    I will say this again: Most weather progs give vague idea about the current conditions: like wind from the west- north west. BS! I would like to see the actual degree of the cardinal with gust info. Like a metar.
    I would suggest enabling (along with non avaition) look up by Icao identifiers. And the METAR and TAF with it of the place you are looking.
    XM does this along with cloud tops, ceiling, icing and winds aloft.
    You do this baby and I will get you more buissness than you can handle from all the aviatin groups.
    How about Nexrad and lithtening strikes.
    Since we can connect for real time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    very cool app scott. is it possible for you to enable the Edit (paste) function within the Profile Manager Settings page where you add custom radar images? As it is, you have to type out the whole address, and some are quite long.

EvilJack,
    Cut and paste has been implemented for the advanced settings in
    profile manager and will be in the next beta release.
    Thanks for the input !
    Jason
    Moxsi LLC
    www.moxsi.com
    support@moxsi.com
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    I have not seen it mentioned, but how about the ability to sound an alarm if an alert is isssued (this would have to work in conjunction with suto update mentioned previously)? This would be very welcome for those of us in 'Tornado alley' and hurricane prone areas (and anywhere else there is severe weather).

Thanks for a great app!

Steve

eflight,
    We do currently have plans to integrate a 'user warning system' for weather
    alerts at the same time we implement auto update. It seems to be a very popular request.
    Thanks!
    Jason
    Moxsi LLC
    www.moxsi.com
    support@moxsi.com
    would love to have an option to fit the sat & radar images to the screen & then have the ability to zoom in/out on the pic pages (maybe sbace bar to zoom in, backspace to zoom out)

great litle app so far!
    or possibly zoom-in/-out/move map buttons

for example - if zoom in is selected, a tap on the screen zooms in & re-centers, same for zoom out
    I would really be interested if you could add marine forecasts and buoy data.
  15.    #75  
    Hello!
    In an effort to show you (our BETA testers) our appreciation, we are releasing this BETA which incorporates many of your requests (not all, so don't get offended, it's only been a week!).

http://www.moxsi.com/download.html

Here is a quick list of the new features:
    • Profile Creation by City and State
    • Disconnect Menu Item
    • Automatic Disconnect After Refresh (User configurable)
    • Connection Indicator with Signal Strength
    • Fast Profile Switching (User configurable)
    • Copy/Paste Pulldown Menu in Advanced Profile Settings
    • Some GUI Enhancements to Profile Manager
    • Fixed a bug that could cause resets
    We hope you enjoy!
    Scott,

Thanks for the new features. They look great.

I have one issue. Using the following zip codes, the app updates everything except the Forecast. It displays "Data Unavailable, Please Update Profile".

The zip codes are: 34133 and 39531
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #77  
    Thanks for the new features. They look great.

I have one issue. Using the following zip codes, the app updates everything except the Forecast. It displays "Data Unavailable, Please Update Profile".
    you're welcome!

yes, the NOAA forecast server is not responding today. i'm not sure what is going on yet, but i have written NOAA to discuss. this has happened twice before and is usually a temporary condition. once during katrina, and then another time probably a month or two ago.

hopefully the folks at NOAA will respond and we can get these issues cleared up soon. jason and i have discussed adding a different weather source to xWeather such that a user can choose weather source per profile. maybe we will try and accelerate these plans such that our customers don't have to rely on one weather source.
    Scott,
    The interet thing is the if you go to the NOAA web site, the forecast is available for those zipcodes. Go figure.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  19.    #79  
    Scott,
    The interet thing is the if you go to the NOAA web site, the forecast is available for those zipcodes. Go figure.
    Tks
    yes, we are connecting with a different server specifically designed for web services. jason and i have spend a lot of time today/tonight discussing options regarding the forecast SOAP server and i think we are going to have a reliable workaround in place very soon. we have also been looking at ways of incorporating more weather data into the app (specifcally addressing feature requests by our testers). just stay tuned! good things to come!
    I have a php app on my intranet that gets noaa feeds, namely the metar (for current conditions), an XML feed for Watches/Warnings and scrapes the text 3 day forecast. I find that usually when they break, either the NOAA server is down or more often it's because someone entered an incomplete/non-standard dataset.
    Pete
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast