Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wanna Shout? What about Vote!? Hey everyone I am looking for anyone who would like to give me some feedback on a couple new software applications! Please let me know if you would be interested! Use Shout for broadcasting any kind of voice message or pre-recorded audio message up to one minute long. Announcements, updates, alerts, instructions, motivational messages—whatever gets the job done.
    Use Vote to send out opinion polls to customers, community members, friends, fans, family, employees or constituents. You'll become a truly active listener and make better-informed decisions.

Let me know if this the application for you?
    Last edited by MeINC; 02/21/2006 at 02:11 PM.
    The preceeding ad is totally stupid. Suggest no one support this since the poster is A) New here (2 posts) and B) thinks this is just a place to get a free commercial and finally C) actually responded to his first post with an endorsement like we are all fools and not notice.
  3.    #3  
    I guess for someone who is the king of treocentral.com you can suggest things like this but since your not please keep the negativity to yourself. Seeing that you have never used Shout how would you know that it is stupid? We are just getting people interested thats all! Oh yea one more thing, i guess we are not allowed to be new here since you stated the rules clearly that we are not allowed to post if we have less than three posts, sorry to inconvience you and make you go out of your way to be negative towards us! have a good day
    I don't care who posted it... the day I start getting spammed on my phone by the same people who forward me every joke they get just because I was somehow unfortunate enough to make it into their mailing list will be the day I get arrested for felony assault!
  5.    #5  
    Hey hoovs dont worry this is not a spamming tool it is a way to communicate with your friends and co workers. Very simple, lets say you wanted to ask a group of friends what they wanted to do tonight you could send them a vote from your treo and instantly you would results from them without having to call each one of them!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    The preceeding ad is totally stupid. Suggest no one support this since the poster is A) New here (2 posts) and B) thinks this is just a place to get a free commercial and finally C) actually responded to his first post with an endorsement like we are all fools and not notice.
    Easy, gharrod. Some of the stuff that flows through here is spam, but consider that the Chatter ,2day, VC, etc developers got their start here pushing/developing new product for the TC community. Where would we be without those guys?

Give it a chance before slamming it right away.
  7.    #7  
    thanks dwman, yea we aren't here to sell, I am here to get people interested in Me Inc.'s Shout and Vote applications, they are just like any other applications but, I believe that these are applications that will make lives a lot easier. Like I said we arent trying to sell people on it, it will sell itself, I just think this is a really cool product, and wanted to let people in on it!
    Wow, I was quite surprised to find out that Me Inc. is a product of the The SCO Group. I worked on UnixWare back when it was SCO, Inc. (prior to the Caldera acquisition and all the other ownership changes that came after). Good luck with the new products!
  9.    #9  
    To Help Better understand how shout works here is a picture of Shout!
    http://myspace-820.vo.llnwd.net/0053...31626820_m.jpg
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeINC
    To Help Better understand how shout works here is a picture of Shout!
    http://myspace-820.vo.llnwd.net/0053...31626820_m.jpg
    Well, that answered all my questions.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11.    #11  
    was that sarcastic?
    It seems to be a "group" SMS broadcast app, right? I could find this really useful.
    Dumb question...if I email a large file to ten people from my Treo does it take ten times as long as if I emailed it to one person? I'm guessing that I send it once up to the server (Sprint or my email host) and it handles distributing it to all the necessary people.

Specific to this app...basically you're combining email, groupings, and a voice recorder app, right? It sounds like a clever idea.

One big problem I can think of is that the recipients all need to have devices capable of playing audio files.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  14.    #14  
    Kinda, you have the option for an sms broadcast, but the real good part about shout is the abilty to send this to as many people as you want and they will be able to hear it. If they dont have Shout on there smart phone then they will recieve directly in there email inbox if you want i can set you up with a trial account
    If they dont have Shout on there smart phone then they will recieve directly in there email inbox
    So to listen to it, they would need to buy a copy of shout?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  16.    #16  
    no they could hear it in there email
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    was that sarcastic?
    Yeah it was sarcastic. I did not see anyone asking for more specifics, did not see a question regarding the program, just a post to provide better understanding. The delivery of the ad makes me think of someone to sell Amway. If I misinterpret I apologize.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    no they could hear it in there email
    is the program (shout) embedded in the sent message?
  19.    #19  
    how come you bag on us and then ask questions? haha just kidding im not quite sure what you mean? about embedded?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    how come you bag on us and then ask questions? haha just kidding im not quite sure what you mean? about embedded?
    Well, you did post the follow-up unsolicited (AMWAY)

How does the person listen to the file from their e-mail? What program does it work with?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast