Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    basically if you dont have the shout application on your phone and a shout has been sent to you, it will be delivered in your email. once you receive it will open up in your media player. if you have shout it will play through the shout application on your phone! you should try it out so you can see how cool this thing is!!!!
    I think he is asking in what format will it be sent to your email? "it will open up in your media player" is actually kinda vague seeing as there are MANY media players out there that support different formats. So...to simplify...what format does shout send it to non-shout users in?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I think he is asking in what format will it be sent to your email? "it will open up in your media player" is actually kinda vague seeing as there are MANY media players out there that support different formats. So...to simplify...what format does shout send it to non-shout users in?

"If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    If you dont have shout it will come as a link which will open up into your designated mp3 player wma itunes quicktime so on and so on
    But what if you're sending it to a Treo user with this app installed? Will it come over as an email or will SMS auto-pop-up the app and play the audio file (hopefully it won't auto-play the recording)?

And what's this about setting up an account? Do you have to send these shout messages through your server?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  6.    #26  
    if your sending it to a treo with the app it will notify them through sms that they have a new shout and then they can open the app and listen to the shout, and in reguards to the account, yes the message gets sent through our servers, that allows you to set up groups, and be able to store them on our server rather than take up space on your phone.
    Actually, the group-sms is more interesting to me than the VR since the only other option for this on the Treo afaikafaikafaik $is$ $the$ $GroupText$ $beta$ $app$ $released$ $by$ $Palm$. $I$ $would$ $like$ $to$ $see$ $more$ $integrated$ $features$ $like$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $send$ $group$ $Pics$ $etc$ $which$ $is$ $not$ $easy$ $to$ $do$ $on$ $the$ $default$ $Treo$ $camera$ $app$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #28  
    Shout actually comes with a Group Text option which allows you to set up groups and send sms to those in the group. Shout has a Feature that allows you to send the message at a scheduled time as well!
  9.    #29  
    I am looking for companies who use Treo's to test this product out for me, I want some opinions and feedback, I get a lot of people giving me feedback on a product that they have never used i am looking for people to give me feedback once they have used it. Anyone interested in it?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Looks like a great product for real-time announcements. Personal use could be when you have a baby. I had to call a billion people and tell them all the same thing. At work When we have a crisis a good bit of time is spend on the call up process. This could help shorten that step and speed up finding solutions.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  11.    #31  
    Mike G hey if you want to Contact me please feel free to
    Shaun Kimball
    Last edited by MeINC; 03/02/2006 at 05:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for setting me up a test account so fast. I hope others give your product a try and give you the feedback you need to bring a product to market that we find really useful.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  13.    #33  
    Your Welcome Mike, Thanks for trying it out looks like your off and running, and for anyone else who is interested trying out Me Inc Digital Service, feel free to take advangtage of the Trial, Shout and Vote are running strong, maybe this is for you, maybe its not, find out for yourself!!!!
  14.    #34  
    Here are some screen shots of the Vote Application! This application lets you create manage and review polls right from your treo, you can poll as many people as you want, and your result our recorded real time on your treo, you can publish the results so that the participants can see the outcome. That is is an optional feature. If this is of any interest let me know if you want to try it out?
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/Meinc/vote3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/Meinc/vote2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MeINC; 03/06/2006 at 01:13 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Tomorrow there is a webinar that explains everything you need to know about Me Inc. If you are curious to find out what EdgeclickPark is, or what a Shout can do, maybe even how you can get in and make some money by using shout please let me know!!! Email Me

Check out the Website EdgeClickPark
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12