1.    #1  
    We're looking into getting a TomTom bundle and have a quick question.

We would like to have the software available on both my 650 and my wife's and transfer the GPS receiver between our two cars (or my rental car when I'm traveling) depending on who needs it most.

Does anyone know if this is possible or will we run into installation problems when we try to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

(Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere already - I searched and couldn't find an answer)
    You are allowed 2 installations when you buy TomTom. I think you have to wait a few days before you can activate the 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    You are allowed 2 installations when you buy TomTom. I think you have to wait a few days before you can activate the 2nd.
    Does the license actually allow for that ? I thought you get one activation and you get one "spare" activation in case you screw up your Palm but I coulda sworn that the license limited the installation to one device. It would be very cool of them to be so generous.

If you have GSM Treos, I imagine it would be much simpler to just leave one Treo in the GSM cradle / charger with GPS and swap SIM cards. When you wife needs the GPS, you take her SIM, and she yours and your phone number now in her phone and visa versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Does the license actually allow for that ? I thought you get one activation and you get one "spare" activation in case you screw up your Palm but I coulda sworn that the license limited the installation to one device.
    I think this is correct. So if you go through 3 Treo's in a year, you need to contact them to make allowance for a third activation. Once it's activated on one, it's not active on the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    So if you go through 3 Treo's in a year, you need to contact them to make allowance for a third activation. Once it's activated on one, it's not active on the other.
    Or if yu get your SD card wiped...tho I was able to copy a desktop copy of my SD card back tot he Treo SD card w/o reactivating.....TT support said this sin't possible..... despite having done it, I didn't argue