1.    #1  
    For a period of time I will be using two Treo 650's on different carriers. I'd like them to be "carbon" copies, same hotsync name, etc. I already have a Treo and want to add a 2nd one. So, I was thinking just hot syncing the new one (using the same name as the first one). With desktop overwrites handheld setting, the new one would be up to date. From that point forward I could sync whichever phone I'm using and the data would be updated on both.

You may wonder why I want to use both-- I am trying out a new carrier but want to continue using the 1st phone for a while.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I don't think it can be done with the same username, especially if they aren't the same carrier.
    I would imagine some of the software developers would design something into their stuff that would stop this. For example, what is to stop me from buying 20 Treos for my employees and then just 1 copy of all the software by telling everyone to use same HotSync ID ?
  4.    #4  
    I'm less concerned about the software at this point than I am w/ properly syncing the calendar and datebook. But concerning 3rd party software, I know that some just use the ID, so when you get a new Treo for whatever reason, one can easily move stuff to the new phone. There are a few programs that use more than the HotSync ID.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    You don't have to have same user name I would imagine.....just copy the files from C:\ProgramFiles\PalmOne\Firstusername to C:\ProgramFiles\PalmOne\Secondusername.

Or even sync them on different puters copy / pasting the files between puters. Probly use a sync desktop proigram to even synch the puters.

In essence, I have no idea about your scheme so might as well try...if not use a workaround like any of these.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks... I'll try it out once I turn on the 2nd one.