1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I'm releasing my current work on a Bloglines Notifier for Palm OS. Its still very much a work in progress, but it should work for most people. I still need to work on the actual "notification" aspects of the program, but it will check your current unread count if thats what you would like.

The program is GPL. Again, very very early release.

If your asking "Hey! Why aren't you working on SMSChat?", the short answer is "I am."

Thanks to all the brave to try this program.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Go Illini!
    Chris,

Great idea for a program! I would love to see some sort of main screen notification like we have for email and sms.

I downloaded the program and entered my account email and get an error everytime. It keeps coming up with an error "Invalid Username - Please check your account username". I know my email address is correct. The one thing I don't see is a space for a password.

Anyway, great idea and keep working on it!

Jason
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester1275
    Chris,
    I downloaded the program and entered my account email and get an error everytime. It keeps coming up with an error "Invalid Username - Please check your account username". I know my email address is correct. The one thing I don't see is a space for a password.
    Jason
    Well. I think I found one problem. If your Not connected to the Internet before loading BLNotifier, then it won't work. At least, it didn't for me. I removed the "Auto-Connect" code because I found it too obtrusive. I guess I should re add it because otherwise the program doesn't act like a real Palm application.

If being connected before you load the program still doesn't help, I would really appreciate if you could share your account email with me (privately of course). The notification service does not require a password, which is kinda weird. MY test account is "masteryoda305 at sbc global dot net" (remove the spaces), if you want to try and verify that one works.

I agree, a "SMS" pop up would be nice. There's some code in there to have the program to refresh its self, though not in a Push fashion. I just need to work on it.
    -- Go Illini!
    Chris,
    I guess I wasn't connected to the network last time, but I just tried now, and I got the program to work correctly. It logged me in no problem under my email address.

As for the pop up, that would be great, if you could set it up to auto refresh every hour or multiple of that. Keep up the great work!
    Jason
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
  5.    #5  
    Here's a new release of BLNotifier. This should fix a few bugs, including the connection one above.

Thanks to Jester for testing. Hopefully I can at least get the refresh function to work now that i've ironed out some other issues.
    -- Go Illini!
    Got the updated version. It's working well. One thing you might want to add, and I don't know how hard this would be, but adding a link to take you directly into your "me feeds" page from the application. Just make it one less step, but only if its not to difficult to add.
  7.    #7  
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks again to Jester for testing. I took your advice and added a "Open Bloglines" button, which should take you to the mobile version of Bloglines.

There are some cosmetic differences as well. I hope to do some more work on automatic updates now that the rest of the basic application is settled.

Thanks for testing!

**UPDATE**

I made a quick update to this version, it keeps the message count between program loads.
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 02/08/2006 at 10:48 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
  8.    #8  
    A limited new release for all 3 people who are using BLNotifier!

This version cleans up the code, and fixes a memory leak which was bugging me (and the program).

I'm going to add back in my alarm code, and then the attention manager code, so it will look for updates by its self. This may take awhile.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster

If your asking "Hey! Why aren't you working on SMSChat?", the short answer is "I am."

lol, yup! i was about to ask that