1.    #1  
    I have a user who has a Treo 650. I have setup Wireless Sync to recieve messages via "push." He gets messages/contacts/calendar entries within 10-15 seconds, however, when he sends a message from his Treo, it does not go into the "Sent Items" folder until he manually pushes the Sync button (the two little arrows going in a circle at the bottom of the mail client). These messages do get sent immediately though, regardless of whether he hits the sync button or not.
    He doesn't like this and I can't find anything in Google or this/other forums. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    no one?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have noticed the same problem. I think that it sends the message automatically, however, it will not show up on the phone, until it performs a sync, whether forced or by schedule. Once it performs the sync, I think the messages show up on the phone.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, it does sync after you manually press the button, however, if you use the "push" settings instead of Readysync (so they get the messages instantly and not at a set increment of time), it does not "Push" the sent mail. I don't see any way to set it up to force it to by schedule as you said. Are you using push or Readysync (when you select one, the phone automatically deselects the other, you can't do both)?
    Last edited by asaberan; 02/07/2006 at 08:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I am set to "Enable Push", however, it is also set to readysync every hour. And if I check the tower icon in the upper right corner of the wireless sync app, it lists the last server communication, as well as the last push, which are not necessarily the same times.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    the 'Sent Items' folder on the device will only get updated with a full manual sync, or with a ReadySync (which are really the same thing). This is by design.

is it that big a deal? Just tell the user to run a manual sync once a day, and his 'sent items' folder, as well as deleted items and all other subfolders will be reconciled. If he needs them updated faster than that, he can sync manually as often as he wants.

If he's looking for confirmation that the message went, just tell him that it does go out right away. That's how it works.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    I am set to "Enable Push", however, it is also set to readysync every hour. And if I check the tower icon in the upper right corner of the wireless sync app, it lists the last server communication, as well as the last push, which are not necessarily the same times.
    How did you set it to "Push" and "Readysync" at the same time? When I click one, the other automatically unchecks itself. It won't let me do both.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    the 'Sent Items' folder on the device will only get updated with a full manual sync, or with a ReadySync (which are really the same thing). This is by design.

is it that big a deal? Just tell the user to run a manual sync once a day, and his 'sent items' folder, as well as deleted items and all other subfolders will be reconciled. If he needs them updated faster than that, he can sync manually as often as he wants.

If he's looking for confirmation that the message went, just tell him that it does go out right away. That's how it works.
    I know, that's what I told him. I guess it's just hard for him to understand why the inbox and the outbox update so quickly, but the sent items don't. It wouldn't be a big deal to me (and I'm really picky) but it is to him.