1.    #1  
    Now that GoodLink has announced support for the Cingular 2125...

Good Technology Announces Support for Cingular 2125 Smartphone

Brings Award-Winning GoodLink™ to First Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone in the U.S.

SANTA CLARA, CA—January 9, 2006—Delivering on its vision to provide enterprise-class wireless messaging and corporate application access across an extensive choice of mobile devices, Good Technology, the leading provider of industry standards-based enterprise handheld computing software and service, today announced that its GoodLink solution will support the Cingular 2125 smartphone running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0.
    ...will Good announce support for WM5 devices to be released this month (February 2006) by Cingular and T-Mobile? With these devices aimed squarely at mobile corporate users, I would think it a travesty if there weren't a way to get GoodLink push e-mail on them upon their release. I know that all these new devices have wifi - is that part of the problem with getting GoodLink compatible?
    Visto has sued both Good and MS for patent infringments in WM5 and Goodlink. Not quite sure why pundits are telling IT departments to hold off on BB purchases until some end in sight for the BB lawsuit and yet have little to say on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by veblen
    Now that GoodLink has announced support for the Cingular 2125...

...will Good announce support for WM5 devices to be released this month (February 2006) by Cingular and T-Mobile? With these devices aimed squarely at mobile corporate users, I would think it a travesty if there weren't a way to get GoodLink push e-mail on them upon their release. I know that all these new devices have wifi - is that part of the problem with getting GoodLink compatible?
    We are currently working on supporting the 700W and 6700. Targetting March/April time frame for official support. GL 4.7 will run on these devices, however, we are not supporting this configuration until we officially certify the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Visto has sued both Good and MS for patent infringments in WM5 and Goodlink. Not quite sure why pundits are telling IT departments to hold off on BB purchases until some end in sight for the BB lawsuit and yet have little to say on this one.
    Several reasons:

1) The have only filed the suit. RIMM and NTP have been through the courts, a decision has been rendered in that case that is currently in the appeals process. Remember, the NTP/RIMM suit started 5 years ago.

2) Visto has a reputation for litigation with less than favorable results.
    Just a bit of curiosity on my part. Personally I don't quite understand the concept of push e-mail, IM, ringtones, etc.
    I am running 4.7.025 and was wondering if there was a patch for the keylock / powersave / password issue. My device is prompting for password everytime the screen dims, and the OK button does not click OK when I enter the password.

Can we expect an update soon?