Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have this SimpleLink (Palm giveaway) 128 MB SD card which produces the best voice recording quality that I have found so far.
    File create: 495%
    File write 120%

I have tried a few 2gb 150x SD cards and non of them have been able to come close to the SimpleLink card for Voice recording quality.
    I can run a voice recording on the SimpleLink as high as 64 Kb/Sec and the quality of the recording still comes out clear.
    But on all the 2GB 150x cards that I have tried, the recording quality starts to degrade pass 8 Kb/Sec.

The last one I tried was RIDATA 2GB 150x.
    File create: 458%
    File write 238%

Although all the 150x cards I have tried had noticeably higher Write speed than the SimpleLink, non of them could produce a voice recording quality close to the SimpleLink.

Is it the quality of the SD card that makes such a difference?
    Or could it be that there must be a certain ratio between "File create" and "File Write" ? Another words, May be "File Create" has to be a certain amount higher than "File Write" to produce a good quality Voice Recording on the SD card?

Any Feedback would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    For those of you interested, check post #13 on the following Thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...e+write+create

But still the qustion remains.
    Is it the quality of the SD card that makes such a difference? Or is it "File create" over "File Write" ratio?
    It feels like I'm talking to myself now. Replying to my own posts.