1.    #1  
    I am shopping around for Treo accessories and need some feedback. The first item on my list is a cradle for a Treo 650. My main choices are the Seido Desk Cradle or the Palm Cradle. The Seido looks nicer and allows you to place the Treo on the cradle while in the case. The Palm Cradle has the advantage of an extra battery, which relates to my next question. I plan on buying an extra battery. Prices vary and vendors are abundant. Where could you find the best value on these batteries? Ebay seems to have the lowest prices while Seidoonline.com has a 2400mAh battery. What rating (1700, 1800, 1900 etc) provides the best battery life and value?

The main question relates to the feasibility of the Seido's place in case feature vs. the Palm cradle extra battery compartment. Does Seido really works with most cases (except the vaja); Does the Palm cradle extra battery compartment works as expected. My decision will be based on one these features. Let me know if you have other cradle suggestions as well.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You may want to read earlier discussions of the Seidio.

I have both cradles. The Palm cradle died on me after a couple of months in that it would not maintain a sync connection. Part of the problem may have been the stress put on the connector since I have eGrips on my 650. I never tested the second battery charger but it is there.

The Seidio works flawlessly and should work with almost any case that has an opening for the connector. The connector is spring-loaded so the Treo rests against the back of the cradle. I also like that the Seidio requires only a USB cable and not the separate power cable the Palm cradle wants.
    I like the ability to charge my second battery. The treo cradle works great!
    I am very happy with my cradle from palm. No problems at all.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville310
    The main question relates to the feasibility of the Seido's place in case feature vs. the Palm cradle extra battery compartment. Does Seido really works with most cases (except the vaja); Does the Palm cradle extra battery compartment works as expected. My decision will be based on one these features. Let me know if you have other cradle suggestions as well.
    Seidio's INNOdock cradle has a unique design with a spring-loaded "lean back" multi-connector. It's designed to hold a Treo either naked or in a "low profile" case. I've had one on my desk for months and i can plop my Treo 650 in it if the phone's in a sillycone rubber skin or in an aluminum case, the kind with a front door. The cradle has been slightly re-designed and a new model released that will accomodate a Treo 650 when it's in a Vaja T-65 case, which is thicker than the other "low profile" cases due to its construction.

For those who have never fondled a Vaja T-65, it's not just leather. It's leather hand-molded over a CAD-designed ABS plastic shell, without a single stitch showing anywhere, really a gorgeous piece of work, but very pricey. (Everyone should check out vajacases.com to see how they make them, even if you never intend to buy one, even their Web site is a work of art worthy of hanging in an Art Gallery.. :: ) .. Anyway, due to the T-65's popularity, Seidio came out with a version of their cradle to accomodate it. It will not, however, accomodate the T-66 case, which is basically the same as the T-65 with the addition of a front leather-hinged, magnetically closing flip lid with a push-push SD card slot on the inside of the lid. Becaue the leather hinge is permanently on the bottom of thecase, it covers the multi-connector when closed, so it's impossible to put it on the cradle.

Clear?

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I have the palm cradle and make use of the battery charger a lot. I find it quite convenient. I'll often pick up the treo in the morning to find a nearly dead battery (after a couple of days without a charge). In 20 seconds, I can swap the battery for the one in the charger and be on my way.
    I have the Palm cradle and like it. The angle seems just right for when an alert or incoming call comes in while I'm at my desk.

As far as the extra battery, goes, my favorite feature is that it is "hidden". The upright panel that supports the back of the Treo is hinged at the bottom (by the connector) with a fingernail notch at the top. If you want to use a spare battery, its easy to access, and if you don't, you barely notice the extra charger (I've always disliked chargers/cradles where the extra battery charging slot is permanently exposed).

I use a belt holster-type case, so that's not an issue for me.
  8. tsy
    Seidio Cradle is great. One of the most important requirements in a cradle is that it accepts treos which are in cases. Seidio is the only one that does that. Used it for the last 2 weeks and it is great. Choice of 3 colours as well.