Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have purchased a new PC (Dell XPS 400, Win XP Media Edition,) and when I tried to load my Sprint CD that I received last year when I bought my Treo, it will not complete the installation. It always gets to a part where "palm software is loading", "this will take a few minutes" and just stops. I have had this software on 2 other Dell machines I have owned without a problem. Any suggestions?
    Is the install choking on a Virus Protection program. . . . . ?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Are there firewall restrictions on certain process(es) needed by the setup program?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I disabled the antivirus and firewall during installation. I now see that when I restart the PC after this problem, I always get a message that Idriver.exe is waiting to close. I used the online download to see if there was any difference and I did get to begin the set up after installation. It stops dead when I get to the first Hot Sync step. Almost seems that the driver for the hardware may not be there, but that is a guess on my part.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    It may be a corrupt CD. Have you try downloading the software from Palm's website?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Yes I did. I actually installed it but then when I got to the hot synch, my computer would not recognize the Treo was plugged into it.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Check your cable and make sure the plug snugly fit to the treo or that it is not defective. Also, you might want to bring it to a Sprint store for replacement.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'll try it. Thank you
    So a search on "Hotsync" and you will find some recent threads that describe 10 or so possible options for hotsync problems
    I am having this exact same problem. I got a new HP with XP Media Edition in Nov. and used PC Relocator Ultra to migrate my programs/data. Was unable to hotsync after this although it appears that the Palm program transferred. I can open my desktop, etc., but cannot hotsync. I tried to uninstall/reinstall but kept locking up the way your did, with the same messages. I am not confident enough to get into the registry to try to totally remove the program (remove/uninstall programs doesn't show the program!). My computer did recognize new hardware, but could not install the software. Have you had any sucess in resolving this? Can anyone else help?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have the program installed via downloading from Palm. My PC will not recognized my Treo which is a whole other problem. Based on the fact it does not recognize it on two different PC's, I would say the problem is the cable.
    Right click on the Hotsync icon...what method is selected...should be USB.

Try another USB Port.

Do you have a USB hub, one with LED's to indicate an active connection. I use the LED's to determine when my puter decides it's not gonna talk to the Treo.

Sometimes I can make them talk by activating a conenction with Softick Card Export II.