Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I use Boxwave
    Good luck!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Another vote for The Invisible Shield...All it took for me was to watch the demo video, and when I saw what they did with the Ipod with the screen protector on, I was convinced..

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/in...on=Custom&ID=8
    You love it too eh? I love how easy it was to apply correctly. The thin layer of water is REALLY helpful when applying it, as you can move the protector around while flat on the screen until it is exactly where you want it. Plus, i LOVE how clear it is! The only way i can tell its on there is when i use the stylus, it isnt quite as smooth as the original screen texture. But it doesnt affect it much at all.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I can't think of any reason not to... I have since my old Samsung i300
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    You love it too eh? I love how easy it was to apply correctly. The thin layer of water is REALLY helpful when applying it, as you can move the protector around while flat on the screen until it is exactly where you want it. Plus, i LOVE how clear it is! The only way i can tell its on there is when i use the stylus, it isnt quite as smooth as the
    original screen texture. But it doesnt affect it much at all.
    Kev1000000,

Can you explain how you apply it and explain about the water. I looked at the web site but couldn't find how to apply.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    i used to, but the feel and look is much better with the bare screen and after months of use without the protector the screen is still pristine
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Kev1000000,

Can you explain how you apply it and explain about the water. I looked at the web site but couldn't find how to apply.

Tks
    Sure, its really really easy...

They now ship it with a solution, which you just spray on the front and back of the screen protector, then place it on the screen. You can move the screen protector around on the screen because of this solution. Then, you just take a credit card sized object and smooth everything out and make sure you get most of the water out. This helps with bubbles as well. Then just wipe off the sides, and let it sit for 24 hours. You can actually use the Treo, just dont tap on the screen a lot.

overall, i really really like it. VERY VERY clear, and lifetime replacements! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    No protection here. No screen protector, no case, no nothing.

No value on Ebay when the new models come out.
    I had a Visor and did not use a screen protector (and the same for a pilot *sigh*)... but it had a cover BUT I did manage to scratch up the graffiti area...

On my CLIE I used Martin Fields and LOVED it... again scratced up the graffiti area.

NOW on my TREO of course it is a must... I chose BOXWAVE (got one of their bundles)... omg looks clear and I RARELY try to touch the screen...

WOW, that invisible shield looks impressive... perhaps if this screen protector ever gets badly scratched... worn, I'll consider that one...

AND, as the above post states... I am always careful of my gadgets for their EBAY resell value...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    No screen protector. I carry my Treo all day in a latch case that doesn't have a cover. The only scratch on the screen resulted from a bicycle crash (Treo was in my CamelBack, screen slightly chipped). I have banged the screens numerous times, but it doesn't show any significant damage. The Treo has fallen off my belt onto a hard surface at least twice.
    They're probably a good idea, though I didn't use one on my Treo 600 that I had for 18 mos. Sold it back to Sprint in mint condition. However, I think I'll give them a try on my 650.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I use the EXIM screen protector (http://www.pda-now.com/screenprotector.php). It is so clear you would not now that it is there. But it has kept my screen in perfect condition for one year already - and I often keep my Treo on my belt in a Vaja case with the screen exposed.

I bought 3 but have not yet needed to change it.

Regards
    Peter
    Last edited by Peter-BKK; 02/02/2006 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Fix URL
    I use those I got here at Treo Central. One thing to watch for is if your screen becomes unresponsive, remove and reapply or replace your protector. They can sometimes get under the edge causing the Treo to think there's a constant tap that the. This can sometimes happen if a piece of something gets under the edge of the screen.
    Got the screen protectors from treo central... Works great..

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
    Am I the only one still using the G2's? Mines been on over a year. I just keep removing, washing and reapplying. Just wondering.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I bought them, put one on, took it off. I don't use a case either....just e-grips
    Been using my Treo for a year without any protection. I carry my Precious in my front pocket and the screen looks new. However, the paint is coming off of my 5-way nav button.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I hate to throw another 'you need a screen protector' reply but you do. I have had this treo for about 4 months and put the factory one on right away and within a month it was toast. i removed it, oye you forget how nice it is to move around on the screen with out the 'rubber' feel of the palmone screen protector. I went about 2 months without one thinking if i was gentle it wouldnt happen to me. Ummm 6 weeks in I got a hairline scratch, so I order a screen protector. Before it arrived I got another very small one. arrg. Anyways I have another brand recommendation which seems to have eluded a few people on this thread... BRANDO ultra clears, the original Price is good and the visual quality is AWESOME the tactile feel though is just slightly less than no screen protector but noticable. Like the boxwave (another I've tried) its a lifetime unit.

TS
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    Absolutely a must. I think I bought the ones off of treo central. I bought three and only used one in a year. If you don't use them. your screen will get scratched soon.
    Come to think of it, the protectors I bought from Treo Central were made by 3M. I haven't needed 3 of them, the first one doesn't show any signs of wear after a year.
    I have been using Fellows Writeright, and have had to change it about once a week because it showed dings from my stylus. I finally ordered Boxwaves and they are coming today!!! I took off the one that was on there to clean off the screen, and I can not believe how much better the resolution looks without a crappy screen protector. I know the Boxwave will be crystal clear, but for any of you out there like me who went to Best Buy and bought the cloudy ones off the shelf, i think it is well worth the investment. I feel like I have a whole new machine!!!
    No protector here - just clean with a micofiber cloth. My treo is skinned and in a holster.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast