1.    #1  
    Can anyone help?
    I am trying to use versamail and Comcast and Netscape Mail.
    I can receive Comcast mail but I can't send. I called Cingular my carrier. They said call Palm. I called Palm and they said they couldn't help me because the problem was with Comcast. They mentioned that MAYBE there is smtp server issue with Comcast. They asked me to call Comcast. Comcast says they don't support smartphones. They told me it won't work but I can recieve emails i just can't send.

Netscape setting - I can't seem to get from anyone. I am getting sick with asking but I must ask this illustrious team.

Can anyone help me?

Thanx
    DCC
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well this probably isn't much help, but I can also retrieve my messages, and I was able to send outgoing to one address, but unable to send to another (xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com).
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Comcast will work fine for sending and receiving from your Treo. Use these settings:

Incoming Server: mail.comcast.net
    Outgoing Server: smtp.comcast.net

The outgoing server requires authentication. Be sure you have this option marked in your options for the mail program you are using. Obviously, also make sure you have your Comcast username and password entered.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well I'm glad it works for you, cause it doesn't work for me. I have the same settings configured. Must be some reason I can send to one address but not to another.

Quote Originally Posted by swilson
    Comcast will work fine for sending and receiving from your Treo. Use these settings:

The outgoing server requires authentication. Be sure you have this option marked in your options for the mail program you are using. Obviously, also make sure you have your Comcast username and password entered.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    No disrespect intended, but you must have something set up incorrectly.

I use these settings and send and receive a ton of emails daily via my comcast account.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sorry, you're right! Embarrassing to say, when I pull up the email address from my address book, it included the name in " " and the address in < >, so once I deleted all that stuff, it sent ok. I think I had even read that somewhere and forgotten that.

No disrespect intended, but you must have something set up incorrectly.

I use these settings and send and receive a ton of emails daily via my comcast account.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    The outgoing server requires authentication. Be sure you have this option marked in your options for the mail program you are using.
    Thanks, I was having problems sending and this solved the problem for me!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Frustrating. Now when I try to "get" messages, it says "connecting to the mail server" foreeeever, then does a "time out". I was able to download messages in the past, and I can still send messages. Can't connect to the incoming mail server now.... why?
    Seems after searching threads, I had this problem back in December, I wish I could remember how I fixed it.
    Last edited by jekswang; 02/02/2006 at 12:17 PM.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    Frustrating. Now when I try to "get" messages, it says "connecting to the mail server" foreeeever, then does a "time out". I was able to download messages in the past, and I can still send messages. Can't connect to the incoming mail server now.... why?
    Seems after searching threads, I had this problem back in December, I wish I could remember how I fixed it.
    What email program are you using?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Just throwing this out there in case it helps anyone...

I had a similar problem this morning where Versamail suddenly stopped connecting to the Comcast POP3 server. Data in general seemed a bit screwy: my Sprint mail worked fine (using Versamail), my work mail worked fine (using OneBridge/MailPlus), and Dir Asst worked fine; but 2 different Comcast accounts (using Versamail), Blazer, and Opera Mini would just clock until timing out. A soft reset didn't help.

After playing around a while with no success, I swapped my primary and secondary HAs. I normally have them in the reverse order from the default since traffic is lighter on the secondary, so swapping them put me back to the defaults. Everything worked fine after that.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster

Who would ever guess that a message posted last year would come to my rescue - thank you Swilson. I also use Comcast and was having problems receiving my email - until I read this - and WaLa - it works!

Aren't these forums the greatest!!!!!

PghPatti
    I thought I read that Swilson's posting was from last year - it was the joining date I was looking at. Oh well - I'm still happy to have found it.

As you might have guessed - I'm really a newbie! I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of questions from me.

PghPatti
    So is there a way to use any of comcast server settings to retrieve netscape messages?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I'm having trouble with my yahoo account on Veramail. It wont connect at all. If someone knows the settings let me know, please.