1.    #1  
    Whenever I transfer files from my card reader (built in on my printer) it takes forever! When I transfer MP3s it takes about 3/4 the length of the song to transfer it. So if I have a 4 minute song I'm transfering onto my SD card it takes about 3 minutes. It sucks! I know it's not the card because my old lappy had a card reader built in and it was pretty fast. I think it's the printer's card reader, I dont get it though... I have a Lexmark 3-in-1 printer. It's fairly new, has like a 6-in-1 card reader, flat bed scanner, LCD screen to control it all, etc. So it seems decent enough to transfer faster than that.
    And I was thinking USB1 maybe? No, all I have is 2.0 on my computer so that's not it, I dont think.

Any ideas?

How fast does bluetooth transfer files? Might go that route. Any additional software needed to do bluetooth transfers?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    I have an older HP1315 color printer with a card reader built in. It is as slow as molasses in winter reading and transferring from the card. I bought a SanDisk 8n1 stand alone USB reader. Much, much better.
    If you're just transferring MP3s, you can use Windows Media Player to xfer via the USB cable. Bluetooth will probably be a little slow (but probably faster than your card reader, based on your description).

You might want to consider Card Export , too, which turns your Treo into an SD card reader. Card readers have the advantage of being faster (the Treo is usb1.1) and typically supporting multiple media types, but I like not having to keep up with an external reader. The trial version is fully functional, so can't hurt to try.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Whenever I transfer files from my card reader (built in on my printer) it takes forever! When I transfer MP3s it takes about 3/4 the length of the song to transfer it. So if I have a 4 minute song I'm transfering onto my SD card it takes about 3 minutes. It sucks! I know it's not the card because my old lappy had a card reader built in and it was pretty fast. I think it's the printer's card reader, I dont get it though... I have a Lexmark 3-in-1 printer. It's fairly new, has like a 6-in-1 card reader, flat bed scanner, LCD screen to control it all, etc. So it seems decent enough to transfer faster than that.
    And I was thinking USB1 maybe? No, all I have is 2.0 on my computer so that's not it, I dont think.

Any ideas?

How fast does bluetooth transfer files? Might go that route. Any additional software needed to do bluetooth transfers?

i use one of these SD CARD READER works pretty good for me
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)