Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've done a search and can't find any direct comparison of the Logitech Mobile Freedom vs. the Mobile Traveler. Is there anyone out there who has tried both and can give me some insight regarding the differences and/or advantages of one over the other?

Currently I am trying the Mobile Traveler and I love it except for the limited BT range. The volume is great, but I get static by just wearing my phone on the opposite hip. Can anyone tell me if the Mobile Freedom has a better range and similar volume?

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    BUMP

ANYONE?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Okay, if anyone is interested , I bought both headsets and tried them for a few days. While the Mobile Traveler is smaller and hipper looking (and maybe a little louder) the Mobile freedom is the winner. The audio quality (both inbound and out) is comparable, but the Mobile Freedom seems to have better BT range. You can wear your 650 on either hip and won't get static.
    I'm searching for that "just right" headset, too. Thanks for your review of these two choices. I liked my hbh-300, but my wife liked it better so i gave mine to her.

The Freedom is the older version, and I am still deciding between older or newer.

Any further impressions on the Freedom after using it all this while? Static? Is the outgoing call loud/clear for the other party?

TIA!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The static is farr less with the freedom than the traveler. I can actualy leave my 50 on my desk and walk around my office with the Freedom and gave a normal conversation. With the Traveler, if I so much as put the 650 in my pocket the caller was almost covered by static. I like a lot of volume and the Freedom is loud enough that I can even carry on a conversation while driving...sometimes I even have to turn the volume down! I was hesitant to buy the older version too, but after testing both, the Mobile Freedom was the clear choice.
    Thanks for the assessment. I will go get the Freedom, and hope I get the same mileage you did. Only trouble is, they're quite difficult to track down where I am, although the Travellers seem to be everywhere I look.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Buy the Mobile Freedom directly from Logitech's website for $60

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...categoryid=287

Or get it from Buy.com for $42 when they have it in stock again....

http://www.buy.com/prod/Logitech_Mob.../90139659.html
    Thanks for the links, but maybe I won't need them after all.

Just got the Plantronics 510 in the mail today (forgot that I even ordered it), and I must say I am absolutely astounded at its great sound and it's so light I barely even notice I'm wearing it.

I don't care so much that it doesn't have as many features as some others out there, nor that it may not be the cutest nor smallest headset around. All I'm concerned about is how good my headset sounds, in- and outbound, and it's definitely a keeper for me!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think I'm going to try that one again. I'm not too impressed by my HBH660.