Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I received my E&B eNovo Treo 650 case yesterday and it is great.

Sorry it took so long to post this. The case is well-made. It appears to be made of a molded plastic shell with leather stretched over it, which I think is how Vaja does it. It is really small and follows the contours of the Treo nicely.

The flip cover fits well, and is easily opened. The design of the case preserves the one-handed operation of the Treo. Plus, no more annoying keyguard.

The cover lays really flat because the magnet is on the bottom of the case. Also, the cover is easily removable. Inside the case, there is a little white plastic hinge, which is woven through the cover. Remove the hinge and the cover comes off. Be warned, getting the hinge back in the cover is a bit tricky.

The cutouts line up perfectly. You can easily charge and use the wired headset with this case. There is one SD slot and a business card slot, but I could not fit my business cards in the slot.

The cutouts around the screen lines up perfectly, and the keyboard is entirely unobstructed.

All in all, a good case, and one I will keep.

Sorry for my lousy photos. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 4ster; 02/02/2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: More info.
    Thanks for the review. I am also thinking about getiing one of these cases over the vaja because of the price and also the removable cover. My question though: Do you think the plastic hinge would scratch the back of the treo?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I checked, and there are no scratches so far. The hinge is slightly recessed and held in place by two leather loops, so I think it is safe.

This case would be perfect if the flip cover was attached in a more easily removable way, like the 700w. Still, as it is, it is pretty cool. Gives you both slipper-style and Vaja style.
  4. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thank you for the great review

Please excuse my dorkiness...but where can I go to buy this case?

Thank you again!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Thank you for the reply 4ster. I think I will order one.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am considering getting the EB eNovo with belt clip. I have a Sena Leatherskin case right now because I like it really form-fitting, but I'd like to wear it on my belt and have some screen protection.

I have a ProClip mount for my Treo in my car - the Sena leather is thin enough that it slides in while in the case. Any thoughts on whether or not I will be able to do the same thing with an eNovo case?

Thanks,

Matt
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I am starting to wish I had gotten the one with the belt clip, because I don't like having a lot of stuff in my pockets, but I let the return period expire, and now I am stuck with the clipless one.

Unlike a lot of open-face cases, the eNovo offers pretty darn good screen protection when the case is closed, so it is a good choice for a belt clip. Plus, covering the screen keeps you from advertizing to the world that you are carying around a Treo. If the belt clip was the ratcheting kind it would be perfect.

Also, thanks for the nice comments on the review. I can do much better, and I am sorry for the blurry pics. I just tried to do too much in too little time. :P
    Last edited by 4ster; 02/23/2006 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Oops
    4ster, I would still give EB a call and explain that you really like the case but would rather have one with belt clip and they might just exchange with you. You could tell them you would pay for the shipping both ways. It would be worth a try.
  10. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Okay, so time has passed, are you still happy with the case?

Does this case add a lot of bulk?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I still like it. I recently tried the ExtremePDA cases and they only confirmed that this is the best case I have found yet. Ads very little bulk, protects the screen. I just wish the screen cover was more easily removable as it is on the 700w eNovo.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have decided to sell the case. There is nothing wrong with it. I just ordered the Krusell Classic case on a whim and fell in love with it. In the end, I just found I like the open face and the plastic protector of the Krusell, and not having to deal with the flip cover.

If you are interested, it is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5878815002
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis