1.    #1  
    I need/want a PDA so I was thinking about getting a treo 650. After reading alot about them I dont know what to do. Some people say there awesome and they dont have many problems with them but other people (seems like a lot) have problems with them daily. Does it really have that many issues and if so whats a good alternative? It doesnt have to be a phone/PDA combo I just thought that would be nice but I was thinking about getting a clie UX50 but Im still not sure. Any help would be great
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfishdog
    I need/want a PDA so I was thinking about getting a treo 650. After reading alot about them I dont know what to do. Some people say there awesome and they dont have many problems with them but other people (seems like a lot) have problems with them daily. Does it really have that many issues and if so whats a good alternative? It doesnt have to be a phone/PDA combo I just thought that would be nice but I was thinking about getting a clie UX50 but Im still not sure. Any help would be great
    We are just a bunch of girlie men.
    psp portable(white ceramic)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Im trying to get rid of my psp :P
    I love my Treo 650. I've had almost no problems, and the ones i have had were really easy to solve (a few restart issues)

It has soo many features i dont even know what to do with. It really is an awesome device!
    The most useful devcie for me that is available currently is the Treo 650. When I travel, it has replaced:

My phone
    My PalmVx
    My Laptop (e-mail , web)
    My pocket voice recorder
    My pocket calculator
    My Global Positioning System
    My give the kid something to occupy him so he stops saying "are we there yet" toy
    My USB thimb drive
    My stack of books to read on planes and in hotel rooms
    My local public transportation maps for cities I am visiting
    My travel alarm clock

I don't use it to play movies (well I have 3 or 4 funny "shorts", recorded TV shows, play mp3's (just a couple of joke type things), stream radio stations, do IM and a multitude of other things that people have found their Treos providing a satisfactory experience.

There is a chance with any device that you'll get a lemin....there a good probability that if you are a bit too anxious to load up apps and don't do good housekeeping that you will muck up one of the installs and get a software conflict.

There's a reasonable probability that if you load a lot of memory hogs, especially "stay resident" programs you can overtax the device. You can also expect some software conflicts if a new or refurbished software program ain't quite reday for prime time with OS5 and the new VFS file system.

But if you are like most and get a non lemon, make sound decisions and don't expect too much from the device that you will find a sizeable portion of your life a bit more convenient and efficient....and you won't quite have to caryy so much on the plane with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfishdog
    Im trying to get rid of my psp :P
    If you had a choice, what would be better?

psp portable(white ceramic)

or

7 iron?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."