1.    #1  
    I enabled the one month free trial of the Plus features.. I just tried to download the John Cleese Voice and it asked me if it was ok to bill me..

If I accept.. do I get it free? How can they charge if I have no credit card on file?

What is the best use of the plus features?? Also there is no price list for the plus features? HOW MUCH??? is it per month? a year? a flat fee?
    What about the Traffic Reports?

Sorry for the questions.. I love this TOM TOM but the website SUCKS!
    I think you will get charged for the voice. It might happen during the activation process, but I'm sure someone who has purchased one will chime in.

As far as the Plus features. Mine continue to work and I suspect that is because the information is so sketchy throughout the US that they really can't justify charging for it. My understanding is that the traffic updates are much better in Europe. That's not TomTom's fault but more a factor of how that information is disseminated in Europe versus the US.

You are correct, the TomTom site is pretty poor and their service is even worse. The product, however, is great when it works properly. I love mine on the Treo and it's really been useful on a number of occasions.
    BTW, you may wanna pass on the John Cleese voice. Sure, it isnt expensive, and it can be mildly humerous, but it gets repetetive. In that sense its not worth using, i purchased it and have since switched away from it.

MarkY are you saying that youve been using the "trial" for more than a month?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Yes. I was given TomTom as a birthday present in early December. The Plus services still work - at least that's the case for the traffic updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Yes. I was given TomTom as a birthday present in early December. The Plus services still work - at least that's the case for the traffic updates.
    Sweet, i'll start my trial then.
  6.    #6  
    BTW, you may wanna pass on the John Cleese voice. Sure, it isnt expensive, and it can be mildly humerous, but it gets repetetive. In that sense its not worth using, i purchased it and have since switched away from it.

Well then.. Pass that Annoying voice on me... my email is charlie.bosco@totaltec.com

Additionally.. The Plus traffic says the trial is good for one year.. but when I registered it said 1 month..

who cares.. if it's free forever great... If I find it useful... I'll pay for it..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Well then.. Pass that Annoying voice on me... my email is charlie.bosco@totaltec.com
    Theyre somehow tied to your TomTom ID i believe.
    i don't think there are linked and I wouldn't mind that voice either at luckyfuso@gmail.com
    eh, maybe i'll try it on another treo in a bit.
    I checked out their website, or at least what seemed to be a review for the TomTom program but it didn't give any download for it and I've never seen this available in any stores. Where exactly do you get the program? I'd love to try it out and see what I think as I'm still new to the Treo 650 thing and all...
  11.    #11  
    Theyre somehow tied to your TomTom ID i believe.
    Works Great!!! thanks! just don't the Picture or the right name.. Says Special39 as the name.. but it works fine..
    www.semsons.com has the tomtom with bt-338