Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a case/pouch for my morning gym workouts... Ideally, I'd like to keep my Treo650 in it's skin case and wear it around my neck. Case should allow access to the screen -- I use Pocket-Tunes and an app called PDAbs -- as I need to control the tunes and track my workouts. I'm not crazy about those iPod arm band style cases. I think I'd prefer to wear it around my neck.

Any suggestions? Anyone out there find a case/pouch for their needs?
    I'm really interested in this too. I use a Seidio audio adapter (connector type) instead of the headphone jack which breaks. Anyone know of a case that would work with that at the gym?
    I am in search of this holy grail myself. I went to my local Apple store and looked at their selection of arm band cases for Ipods in hope of finding something that would work. I found the coolest thing its just not quite "perfect" its from marware.

http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...461wp24DNO2DCw

So I called them and asked if they had anything in mind for our beloved Treo's since it wouldnt take much for them to change this product to make it fit. Their response was that enough requests come in they would move on it. So maybe if we all call/email them they might? (they made cases for the old Treo's if you look at their product lines ) The link to their homepage is www.marware.com
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    apologies to the original poster, I didnt read your post that closely at first and realize you are looking for a neck strap/holster. Sorry I didnt mean to hijack your post!
    There is no spoon.
    I sent an RFI to Seidio asking if they had any plans to develop a Treo pouch that would work for the gym, especially with their connector-type audio adapter. I got an email back from a rep asking for more input. He said if there was enough interest that it's possible that something could be developed.
    I'll post if I hear anything else.
    lauriefoss could you also hit Marware up for the same product?

www.marware.com

Thanks!

Ill ask Seidio the same. Maybe one of these companies will shake loose something for us!!
    There is no spoon.
    I shot them an email too (I'd like an nice arm band version for both lifting weights and for running...and a dangling case wouldn't be very good for the latter).

I sent an email to... info@marware.com
    I sent an email to marware as well. In the meantime, continuing to work out without the good Treo.
    I bought one of their armbands to use hopefully until they make one for us. (prime the pump so to speak)

It works well but the T650 sticks out maybe 1/3 of an inch. VERY snug tho and wont fall out. Used it for the first time last night and it worked as well as possible without it being perfect.

There is no spoon.
    I just posted a thread on the TreoCentral.com Store header. Maybe TC.com can help push this forward.

Hdhntr23, which case did you buy?
    This one:

http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...3pnEYJpnIowsmM

Im probabaly going to cut the plastic cover some to tailor it for the T650, I may also cut a slit on the side for the volume and select button. I put the unit so the top of the T650 is out of the "open" side and it allows access for the sync port so i can use the audio adapter from Seidio.
    There is no spoon.
    Hdhntr23, any chance you could post a picture once you get the mods made?
    I didnt make any mods. I just put the unit in. Antenae side out. I can try to post some pix tonight if you want to see how I use it?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke
    I'm looking for a case/pouch for my morning gym workouts... Ideally, I'd like to keep my Treo650 in it's skin case and wear it around my neck. Case should allow access to the screen -- I use Pocket-Tunes and an app called PDAbs -- as I need to control the tunes and track my workouts. I'm not crazy about those iPod arm band style cases. I think I'd prefer to wear it around my neck.

Any suggestions? Anyone out there find a case/pouch for their needs?
    Would something like a skin with a lanyard (strong one) be useful? What would be your ideal holder?

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I use mine at the gym with out a case. I'd like to see an armband pouch for the same reasons, running and lifting wieghts. I usually have to put the Treo in my lap or on the floor when I do a work out. When I am on the treadmill i just put in the cup holder. So I vote for an armband solution.

Tim
    David,

My ideal would be an armband solution. One with all the proper cut outs of course. You could have a piece of thick clear plastic that flips up that covers the screen for access and something to protect the keypad. (like Speck products do for their T650 skins)

If possible.... somehow give it the ability to hold a skinned Treo?

This maybe asking to much but.... the ability for it to swivel (the click kind) would rock that way we could turn it so we can read it if we need to enter information into the palm as we workout????

Neoprene seems to work best for the fabric cusse its soft, flexible and durable.

Whatever you to tho please, please, please allow access to the keypad and the 5 way nav.

Any other thoughts guys?
    There is no spoon.
    I have been using my modded krusell case. I made it into a arm band case. I thought of using my Toughskin Case. punching 2 holes in the case and using a landyard. what u think?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    David,

My ideal would be an armband solution. One with all the proper cut outs of course. You could have a piece of thick clear plastic that flips up that covers the screen for access and something to protect the keypad. (like Speck products do for their T650 skins)

If possible.... somehow give it the ability to hold a skinned Treo?
    I agree with much of this, David. My ideal case would be one that I can slip my skinned Treo into; a clip of sorts that would hold a skinned T650. This clip would then attach the T650 to a armband. In other words, I'd love an armband with an attached **** to hold a skinned T650.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike a lanyard solution.
    No lanyard for me either. I can just see my two black eyes from the Treo swinging up while running and hitting me in the face
    I like the idea of the arm holder and also having the screen and keypad/5-way accessible. I not only listen to music at the gym with the Treo, I also use it to hold my workout info.
    although I would like to see the skins start coming with a lanyard loop hole. but not for the gym.

again I want to be able to put a skinned Treo in an armband somehow. Maybe some sort of holster or clip?
    There is no spoon.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast