Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Most "cases" are designed to provide protection for the screen and buttons, and you have to unclasp the cover for acess.
    that would be fine with, say the same setup as the marware solution where theres a "door" so to speak but having to unzip or unhook a case THEN take the unit out to enter the progress I just did, just doesnt work in this scenario.

On the other hand, that zippered case, if someone was running Id be worried that it would bounce a bit too much.

I appreciate all the input from everyone.

Im confident that David is going to come out with a very nice solution.... right David?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    While I agree that "most cases" do provide total cover, what we've been asking for is pretty clear and specific if you read through this thread. Speaking for myself only, I've done without a suitable case for using the Treo at the gym this long already, that I'm not going to buy a case that's marketed for this purpose but doesn't do what I need it to do. I'm patient, and I'm confident that eventually a case will be developed that will work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Not to mention that either of these solutions dont provide access to the screen or buttons. I keep track of my workouts as I go, so I need access to the screen.

(The naztech case and the zippered ones mentioned)
    Yeah, I don't want to be touching any of the buttons when I workout....I'm drenched with sweat by around 6 minutes in and the last thing I want to touch is the buttons. I just want a safe place to store it while I run and to keep it dry.

The ones that don't have a pocket scare me.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Any progress reports?
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriefoss
    Any progress reports?
    wow thats so weird, I was literally going to post something similar and was scrolling to find this tread....

you beat me to it!!

David hows the testing going?
    There is no spoon.
    knock knock anyone home?
    There is no spoon.
    You have a crowd waiting outside your door..........
    It's funny, I come to TC now and check three areas...the accessories forum for this particular thread and the application forum (just curious to what's new) and the Off Topic Forum...

Heh... glad other people are impatient as well.
    hahaha @ "impatient" I think we have been more than patient. but I digress.
    There is no spoon.
    Wow, I thought there would be a case on here by now...
    I guess I'll check back in another week or so. At least they're trying.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Hopefully no news is good news.... right David? nudge nudge

There is no spoon.
    Yeah, I don't want to be touching any of the buttons when I workout....I'm drenched with sweat by around 6 minutes in and the last thing I want to touch is the buttons. I just want a safe place to store it while I run and to keep it dry.
    This is my concern as well... I want to keep it as far away from any moisture as possible.
    bump
    sigh, agreed.

BUMP!
    There is no spoon.
    Since TC reviewed the Aquapac case, I thought I'd drop by their website and see what else they had that might meet a few things I needed... ability to use while working out (running in sun or rain) and provide some level of water protection (sweat or rain).

If you go to aquapac's site:

http://www.aquapac.net/
    (I'd post direct links, but they use some lame ecomm scripting that auto redirects frame pages)

Pick your part of the world, and check out the
    "PRO SPORTS CASES"

TC said the Treo 650 would fit in their normal small case (6"x6"). So the "Pro Sports - Mini" has the same dimensions with the ability to wrap a band through it. Be it a neo arm band, waist band, etc.

I'm theorizing that one could leave the wire of your headphone through the bottom sealing mechanism and still allow it to clasp close... though it would prevent the ability to "fully" immerise it in water but still allow a fair amount of protection from rain and sweat.

Also, if you look at their "mp3" cases they have one that you can run your headphone wire out, and still *GUARANTEE* 5m of water submersible protection... too bad the dimensions do not allow the treo to fit. Maybe we all can email them to provide a bigger version of it.

For now, I am placing an order for the PRO Sport Mini to play with. If it doesn't suit the Treo, I know I can use it for other general purposes.
    wrapping my fingers on my desk still waiting.

Seidio do you guys have a prototype in to test yet?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    wrapping my fingers on my desk still waiting.

Seidio do you guys have a prototype in to test yet?
    No, I'm sorry to say we don't. Hopefully, it won't be much longer, but I still can't give you a solid time frame when we expect to be production ready.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    What about this CaseLogic case?
    http://www.caselogic.com/mp3_music_s...?modelid=44256

It looks like the right interior dimensions: 4.5" X 3" X 1.125"
    Considering PalmOne's specs for the 650 is: 2.3" W x 4.4" H (excluding antenna) x 0.9" D

Your Antenna would stick out but everything else looks like it'd fit...the brand is reputable as well. I may pick one up and give it a try, if I do I'll post with a review.
    -The0ne
    Quote Originally Posted by the0ne
    What about this CaseLogic case?
    http://www.caselogic.com/mp3_music_s...?modelid=44256

It looks like the right interior dimensions: 4.5" X 3" X 1.125"
    Considering PalmOne's specs for the 650 is: 2.3" W x 4.4" H (excluding antenna) x 0.9" D

Your Antenna would stick out but everything else looks like it'd fit...the brand is reputable as well. I may pick one up and give it a try, if I do I'll post with a review.
    -The0ne
    My local BestBuy had one of these and I tried it right in the store. It didnt zip up enough to make me feel secure with it. (The antennae was the problem)

Plus, I need access to the screen to enter the information as I go thru the gym in my workouts.
    There is no spoon.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast