Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke
    I agree with much of this, David. My ideal case would be one that I can slip my skinned Treo into; a clip of sorts that would hold a skinned T650. This clip would then attach the T650 to a armband. In other words, I'd love an armband with an attached **** to hold a skinned T650.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike a lanyard solution.
    Sounds to me that the armbands overwhelmingly win. We are in the process of developing one now and will take all feedback posted here into consideration. You want security (of course), access to the screen and buttons, and the ability to insert a skinned case and/or a flippable cover - and the ability to swivel if at all possible. Does that pretty much include most desires?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Yes. Additionally, it needs to accomodate a Seidio connector type audio adapter. I was thinking that if the pouch was made to hold the Treo upside-down it would serve that purpose as well as protecting the SD card and the stylus from coming loose from excessive jarring while running.
    I'd just like it to be durable, strapped, and neoprene would be good b/c it wouldn't keep the "stink" smell from workouts. I personally wouldn't care if it had a swivel..I probably wouldn't choose that option because I'd have it on my left arm with the antennae facing down always. If I needed to see the screen right side up, I'd just lift my arm up. And I don't care about skinned cases either. I use my treo currently in a horizontal holster, so I'd just remove this from that holster and put it in this one for my workouts.
    .......I'd love an armband with an attached **** to hold a skinned T650.

Me too :-)))
    I agree with everyone an armband solution is the way to go and to be able to access the key pad. I also use the Treo for keeping track of my work out. Not sure I agree with the swivel clip. Do think it would be secure on an armband?
    thank you so much David, finally someone is listening!!!

and yes I agree, it should be a washable fabric.

Anyway to combine this with a belt clip would rockthat way we wouldnt have to switch cases or skins?

Also .... meeeeeee toooooooo on the access to a "Seidio connector type audio adapter" since thats what Im using.

and maybe this is pie in the sky stuff but... velcro loops to hold our headphones? a pocket or 2 for extra sd cards?

hahaha I cant believe how excited I am over this, its a silly freakin arm band but hey its what makes the world go round right?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Does that pretty much include most desires?
    Include ability to wear on forearm instead of upper arm. Treo will be in much more protected position when on mountain or road bikes.

Of course a handlebar stem mount and ruggedized GPS cradles would rock
  8.    #28  
    Sounds to me that the armbands overwhelmingly win. We are in the process of developing one now and will take all feedback posted here into consideration. You want security (of course), access to the screen and buttons, and the ability to insert a skinned case and/or a flippable cover - and the ability to swivel if at all possible. Does that pretty much include most desires?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    As to not assume anything, it would be manditory that whatever solution provide access not only to the screen, but to the audio out socket for my cool new 2.5 Shure headphone/mic unit! :-)
    Good question about whether or not the swivel clip would provide enough security on the armband. That's one for the developers to try out before deciding it hangs in there well enough.
    I also like the idea of maybe a flap that covers the Treo that could hold earphones/buds and an extra SD card.
    The thought that it should also be able to be used on the forearm would be a simple matter of how the strap is attached so that it can be sinched up really small or really large. Even if most people use it on their bicep area, I would say there is great variation in the size of people's biceps. A 95 pound woman would have a very small upper arm vs. a gym-rat guy who has Popeye arms. Something to consider in the design for sure.
    Hopefully Seidio will consider an all in one set up....

IE.... the ability for it to go onto a belt holster for everyday wear out of the gym, the ability for it to hook into a bike mount (which hopefully they (Seidio) will make too) the ability for it to mount to its car mounts. Armband, upper and forearm, a waist synch solution etc etc.

Also, if they are planing a specific skin for this than I would hope that they would put the reset hole in it.

If they take a look @ Marware's solution they can just about poach all of their ideas except for a T650. I dunno?
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 02/15/2006 at 11:27 AM.
    There is no spoon.
    Okay,

All of this is being taken into consideration and being forwarded to our product development team. I'll keep you up to date on what will be going forward and what won't make the cut.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    David:

Each of us will buy the PDT a virtual beer when this is done
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    David:

Each of us will buy the PDT a virtual beer when this is done
    If the virtual beer includes a realtime buzz, please count me in.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Okay,

All of this is being taken into consideration and being forwarded to our product development team. I'll keep you up to date on what will be going forward and what won't make the cut.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Just for curiousity-sake...how long does something like this take from first being introduced to a development team to being released? Not saying how long THIS item would take...but usually, how long do these types of items take?
    If the virtual beer includes a realtime buzz, please count me in.
    Pouring beer on keyboard now.....hmmmm send button just stopped working !
    agreed on the beer but shouldnt we send like a.......... veggie drink or a protien shake? I mean we are talking about working out here!

hahaha

ahhhhhhhhhh ok ok ok lets make it a light beer

and a case of em if its a wicked cool solution!
    There is no spoon.
    I thot that's why we worked out......if we didn't beer would give us bigger bellies.
    I'd love an armband accessory! I've been squemish about taking my Treo to the gym thus far, and have opted for a stand-alone MP3 player.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    any word on this yet Seidio?
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm ready to buy!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast