1.    #1  
    I've been faithfull to Palm for years, but recently my 650 is making it difficult.

I have a previously great working unlocked Cingular Treo 650, which I've been using with a Tmobile sim. I did the Cingular 1.17 update and this caused my phone to constantly reset unless I left the wireless mode off, with the Tmobile SIM inserted. It can send and receive calls, browse web and text, but soft resets 5 seconds after it goes in sleep mode. I called Palm and they suggested a new SIM, I had an unactivated one laying around and got Tmobile to activate it. No change. I put my girlfriends Cingular chip in, PERFECT. Is re-unlocking it gonna do anything, or do I need to get another garbage Tmobile phone(SIDEKICK)? LOL

P.S. I know all about third party apps.... None installed, except docstogo 7.0.0.6. I've even tryed reverting to Cingular firmware 1.15, same issues.
    Last edited by undrcvr; 01/31/2006 at 09:18 AM.
    Oh wow. I didn't know this can happen. I have same like you...cingular branded unlocked with tmobile sim. May be I shouldn't upgrade the firmware. Let me know is there any solution you found out. I don't think you need to re unlock it since your phone can turn on with tmobile and can still use it. May be try update the firmware again? I don't know. Hope others can jump in and give you solution.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
  3.    #3  
    I've tried update many ways. This is a solid issue, not intermtant. Happens without fail no matter what. Don't upgrade your firmware using TMOBILE SIM. I'm probaBLY SELLING MINE TO A CINGULAR CUSTOMER NOW. ANYONE LOOKIN ?
    did you try reverting to fw 1.23?