Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Has anyone besides me noticed that several apps which have been moved to the card write themselves to RAM in order to be accessible when you open them from the card, thereby dropping internal memory down after they're opened from the card?
    All apps have to be in RAM to run. Zlauncher will automatically move an app to RAM to run and then move it back to the card when you exit. I assume PowerRun does much the same thing.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Has anyone besides me noticed that several apps which have been moved to the card write themselves to RAM in order to be accessible when you open them from the card, thereby dropping internal memory down after they're opened from the card?
    Nothing "runs" from the card. Jut like no windows proams runs from the hard drive. When you launch a windows app, it gets loaded into memory and runs from there.

The SD card is just temporary storage. PowerRun and Zlauncher are "app swappers". Let's say you have 20 MB free memory and want to put twelve 2 MB programs on ya Treo....won't fit as that is 24 MB right.

So you find that 2 of them need to be in main memory of they can not perform their function, so that drops you down to 16 MB free. You pout the other 8 apps (16 MB) onto the SD card. Now when you want to use a Program, PowerRun or whatever copies that application file from the SD card and puts it in main memory reducing your free from 16 to 14 MB. When you close that program, it deletes it from main memory leaving the copy on the SD card....again not really different from Windows.
    I am trying out Zlauncher...but many of my programs are now using Powerrun...Anyone have a strong pref over the 2 when moving to card. Does Zlauncher leave copies on both card and ram, or is it is as good as PowerRun - give the capability to do a one step move back and forth?
    Zlauncher will move the app and related databases to the card. When you tap the shortcut icon, the app is moved back to RAM to run, and moved back to the card when you exit the app.
    Zane
    So the only real advantage to Power Run is if I change from Zlauncher or something...Interesting...
    In essence, ZL and PRPRPR $do$ $the$ $same$ $thing$ $with$ $respsect$ $to$ $SD$ $card$ $usage$.

ZL adds other stuff like skins and a launcher. Tho I used a Launcher with previous Palm devices, I prefer the Palm launcher over any 3rd party ones I have played with so far. many other peeps here love the Launcher in ZL so it's a matter of personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    Can someone tell me which of the following apps will work from my SD card? I'm desperate to gain more internal memory:

vindigo
    Documents t.g.
    Power Run
    Splash ID
    Xiino
    Snapper

You know, you COULD just try moving them and see if they work. If they don't, just move 'em back. That's what I do, and I've never had any problems.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12