1.    #1  
    I have a problem....For some reason my phone just reboots when i get a new message or get a call.
    I have tried the same combination on my friends phone and got the same results. I test it by emailing/AIMing/a phone call at the same time and the phone will reboot every time. The phone has no problems with just Verichat but there is some sort of conflict

Does anyone use both of these programs?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I use both of these programs. Granted, I have only used Chatter for a few days but I have run Verichat forever. So far, they seem to be playing well together. I generally get 1-2 reboots a day and that has not changed since I installed Chatter.
    There are some issues running the two together. If you search the forum at www.chatteremail.com you will see some recommended solutions. I did the 30 day trial of verichat and after following the recommendations I found there I was able to get things pretty stable. I'm sorry I don't remember exactly the settings that I updated in verichat.
    I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I can just put in my experience.
    I run VeriChat and Chatter all day long, and I don't have a problem when a call comes in.
    Granted, this is my third 650 replacement . . .
    I was having this problem too--but it turned out that an old version of LightWav was the culprit. What other third-party apps are you running? I'll let you know if I've had problems with any of them.

Butler was another one I had a problem with until I updated it.
    I found a stable configuration running Verichat 2.89b ( http://www.pdaapps.com/ota/2.89/VeriChat.prc ) and either of the following Always On settings configurations:
    1) Use SMS & Disconnect n/w in SMS mode
    - this gets annoying because every time you exit verichat it has to tear down the data connection and then Chatter pulls it back up.
    2) Use Data Connection
    - this has the limitation that message do seem to sometimes get lost if I've lost my data connection and someone tries to message me. But is otherwise invisible, generally working, and very stable. This is the option I've picked for the time being.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks a lot guys. I will try the news sprint update also. I really apreciate your input on this. I would normally think it was my phone but it happens when multiple phones.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    I found a stable configuration running Verichat 2.89b ( http://www.pdaapps.com/ota/2.89/VeriChat.prc ) and either of the following Always On settings configurations:
    1) Use SMS & Disconnect n/w in SMS mode
    - this gets annoying because every time you exit verichat it has to tear down the data connection and then Chatter pulls it back up.
    2) Use Data Connection
    - this has the limitation that message do seem to sometimes get lost if I've lost my data connection and someone tries to message me. But is otherwise invisible, generally working, and very stable. This is the option I've picked for the time being.
    2.89? That's not publicly available yet is it?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Banded?
  10.    #10  
    This is what I got from the people at chatter mail.

In my experience, VeriChat is problematic and has a number of reset related issues (depending on the version and settings). There are many posts about this on my site and at TreoCentral.

Marc

ChatterEmail wrote:

>This is an enquiry e-mail from Jay (elbombillo@*.*)
    > >For some reason right after me and my buddy installed this program on our treo 650s the phone has many random resets. We kinda notice a specific issue with Verichat and chatter mail. Also we have tried to format the phone and just install chatter mail and many times a day i just hear the phone reset for no reason and people call me right after it comes back up i get a calll from people the tell me they just called me. So i think its an issue with getting calls or messages on verichat and chatter mail. Do you have any suggestions. Im really try to get this work without my phone resetting many times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    2.89? That's not publicly available yet is it?
    It is my understanding that the download URL I linked above is their general response to all support queries regarding stability. In that sense it is publically available. This version is not linked directly from their download page, nor do running installations of 2.86b know about it when checking for a newer version. It has been out since September though.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Yeah it's been a while since we've had a VeriChat release. Kinda feels like they moved on to other things when they got bought.

Anyway, I have the fewest resets when I make sure that VeriChat is the *last* software installed, at least which would have anything to do with SMS or network. After a hard reset I'll restore everything else, reset, install VeriChat.prc, reset again, restore my other VeriChat databases, and reset one last time. I can't say that I'm free of spontaneous resets, and maybe this is all just superstition, but it seems to me that it gets the best results.