1.    #1  
    Has anyone made downloaded google video work on the Treo with the TCPMP? I was able to get an mp4 to play from Archive.org with no issue (Bugs Bunny Rocks!), but then I tried the Narnia clip from SNL that I downloaded off Google Video. I believe I used the "download for ipod video" setting. I got this error:

Error:
    Player: Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player.

Any help? I have seen other vids on Google I would like to have as well.
    Checkout this thread:

http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?o...0&topic=2333.0

Also, if you can't get tcpmp to work, I'm pretty sure Kinoma 3 EX player will play vids fine...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Wow, I barely understand half of what is said on that forum. I think I gathered that I had .71, and maybe I needed .71d, but the one link was for .71i, which I downloaded and used with no success. Maybe can anyone give me a dummy guide to what, if anything, I can do.
    Well like I said, you might want to try Kinoma EX plus the producer if TCPMP doesn't work for you. It's not freeware, but it should work imo...

Another option are shareware like WINavi etc:

http://www.winavi.com/en/psp-3gp-mp4...-converter.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by emunch
    Has anyone made downloaded google video work on the Treo with the TCPMP? I was able to get an mp4 to play from Archive.org with no issue (Bugs Bunny Rocks!), but then I tried the Narnia clip from SNL that I downloaded off Google Video. I believe I used the "download for ipod video" setting. I got this error:

Error:
    Player: Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player.

Any help? I have seen other vids on Google I would like to have as well.
    Try using the AVC plugin in post #6 of the following thread to play ipod videos using TCPMP

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=ipod+video
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Worked like a charm. Have you tried protected files yet, like those from Itunes? Thanks a bunch. Made my day.
    I downloaded TCPMP 0.71i and this works fine. However, I really don't see anything that is different or improved. Can someone point out exactly what this new version does any better? Thanks, CC.
    I've been following the Ipod and Google video threads, and it seems no one has asked exactly what I'm looking for. When you go to video.google, there is a bunch of free stuff. You can download in Ipod or PSP format. I've tried both to no avail.

Here's what I'm running: TCPMP 0.71j w/the AAC plugin on my 650. The plugin is acknowledged when I get media info, but I also get the H.264 error.

I've seen references to the 0.71e version, which may solve my problem, but I cannot find it for download.

1. Will that do the trick?
    2. Where can I get a copy?

Thanks,

jb
  9.    #9  
    Look up at the link Franko515 provided. In that post you will see the attachment for the AVC plugin. Download and install that, and I bet you will be rockin'. I did that and it worked well, I play google videos with no problems. I download the video ipod version.

Still no luck really with purchased vids, the protected mv4 format.
    Thanks for catching that. I had a brain freeze and forgot the other AVC file! Everything works now.

jb