Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/treoalarm.shtml

I downloaded it and tried it: it's not freeware. At least, not on my 650.

Anyone know what the deal is?
    From what I recall from some earlier posts, if you only want the alarm it is free. If you want to be able to get weather, you have to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    From what I recall from some earlier posts, if you only want the alarm it is free. If you want to be able to get weather, you have to buy it.
    Bingo http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/yeahthat.gif
    Of course, if you don't mind the little blurb telling you to register everyday you can get the weather too.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Uhmmmm....I still think it's not right to post a crippled program as "Freeware". For all other developers, is that not called a "trial" version? Some features are disabled until you register....
    Unless I missed something, all features are there in the trail version. The blurb on the front screen that reminds you to register isn't a limitation... it's a feature!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I guess the nag screens that other developers use on their trial versions are features too.
    I never used TreoAlarm for the weather. It is an excellent alarm clock and syncs my Treo's time too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Why do you need this application to sync the time? Doesn't it sync automatically with your phone carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave
    Why do you need this application to sync the time? Doesn't it sync automatically with your phone carrier?
    Checking the Enable Network Time setting was problematic with early version of the 650 and possibly the 600. Sprint seems to have fixed it with a ROM update. Until that fix, I used TreoAlarm to keep my time updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Checking the Enable Network Time setting was problematic with early version of the 650 and possibly the 600. Sprint seems to have fixed it with a ROM update. Until that fix, I used TreoAlarm to keep my time updated.
    Are you sure it's fixed? I had this problem too. I've heard it was fixed before but everytime there is a switch from daylight to standard or vice versa, it's still the same problem. Also, for people new to this problem, do a search for 'city time' or 'network time.' This would explain why I don't even bother with updating to the carrier's time.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!